• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to make a aquascaping?

Jeto

Seedling
Hello,

First:
Hello,I'm Jeffrey and I'm from the Netherlands so my english is sometimes not so well. And I'm 16 years old. :wave:
I have 4 tanks:
1 Juwel vision 260
1 Ocean 30 shrimp tank
1 60cm tnk
1 80cm breeding tank.

I always wanted to make an aquascaping but I don't know how I can realise that.
I've an ocean30
575889jeto_0_82_p1070706.jpg

If it is possible I wanted a small aquascaping in that tank.

I've also a 60cm tank. If it is possible I also wanted here a litle bit of aquascaping
418521jeto__0_82_p1070594.jpg

Tips, advise, or picture are all welcome :)

Hello,
Welcome to the forum!
If you're in the Aquascaping forum why don't you click on the sticky links such as George Farmers "Aquascaping Basics" parts 1, 2 and 3.

Cheers,

Hi jeffery and welcome!
As Ceg4048 says start with the "sticky" links, but the other great thing is to look at other people's tanks for inspiration - try the planted tank gallery on here and the inspiration threads. The really important thing is make a 'scape that you like, which is an individual thing to you!
Have fun!
Matt

ty :D both of you :D

I have another question:

Here on this forum I saw a picture of beautifull aquascaping:
IMG_4046.jpg

But how do they make that high height in the background? Do they use a lot of sand, or how?

owke ty.

Uhmm.. For my 60 or 30L tank I've found a new one:
crystallakeblack.jpg

That one looks easier, because there are less plants.
At home I've also made a map of that tank.
I think that I better make him in the 60cm tank. (or not?)

Looks great but might be hard getting rocks like that. I personally think plants are easeir than a really strong hardscape! Try having a look at Peter Kirwan's tanks (@zig) - think they'd be up your street. He's got a few posted up in the Planted tank gallery and the AGA competition gallery
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2 ... l=1&id=185
Amazing!
Matt

It's worth mentioning that Octopus' tanks are quite complex. He's posted a number of jorunals for some of them over on Planted Tank and Aquascaping world. Some of them are deceptively small!

Decide what sort of style you like - rocks, wood, jungle etc etc and then try to find some inspiration. Check out the general discussion forum for some inspirational links etc :)

@bigmatt: Oke, you make youre point yea. Ty BTW for the great site!

@SteveUK: I like a combination of rocks ans plants. But I think I like plants more then rocks.

I've made a little aquaspacing all ready in the 60cm tank

Back