• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How many tanks do YOU run?

Three...Abrams, Sherman and a Challenger......unfortunately de-commissioned shut-down at the moment due to rising fuel costs!!! :lol:
:happy:

my son is going to keep shrimps in but couldn't fit in the car
it must be absolutely massive shrimps if they can't fit in the car :cool:

I constantly keep one neglected juwel (240l ) where my very own family of Amanos live in, plus two 10l ones where I keep colonies of various algae - one is for marine and another one for fresh water algae. Also have "ready to go" 6, maybe 10 (lost the count, they are stashed almost everywhere) another 10 ltr ones where I usually keep berried Amanos, zoes etc. Plus another approx 360l Juwel which is empty and... my wife keeps some stuff in it while I'm not cultivating any mushrooms there.

Hi all,

It is a dinky car.

cheers Darrel
iStock-1144859308_%281%29.jpg

I have 5 tanks atm! I don't think I could do more than this, and none are hightech any more so I have time for them all. tbh half of them look a mess and need sorting out, but the marine one sucked up all my time being set up.

200L South American tropical lowtech blackwater - Setting this back up this week so I'm going to count it here :)
125L marine / macroalgae tank
60L tropical planted lowtech
23L shrimp cube
18L ricefish bowl

Plus a pond and 2 pond bowls outside, 2/3 have fish.

Last edited:
If it's in the lounge how about a simple terrarium with a few houseplants?got to be better than looking at a empty tank every day🙂

That’s a very fair point. I keep thinking I’ll do something with it but another full tank is just unrealistic.
This might be a fun little alternative to think about! 🤔👍

Now looking at terrarium posts……what did you start!!! 😂

I have three currently...

1 x 3 US Gallon Rimless Cube(Topfin)(Low tech planted with 1 x male Plakat Dragon Scale Betta & 1 x Zebra Nerite Snail)

1 x 20.5 US Gallon Rimless(UNS 60U)(Low tech planted community tank with 12 x Trigonostigma Espei, 6 x Rasbora Paleatus, 8 x Melanoides Tuberculata)

1 x 16 US Gallon Clear Plastic Tote(Sterilite 62L)(Low tech Plant/Shrimp/Snail propagation/breeding tank with 12 x Neocaridina Davidi "Blue Velvet" and 8 x Melanoides Tuberculata)

The cheap Topfin 3 gallon is getting replaced with a UNS 30C(7.1 US Gallon) soon and the budget plastic propagation tote is getting replaced with a UNS 90U(68 US Gallon) this spring and getting converted to high tech.

Edit:Went with a UNS 30C instead of 25C...

Last edited:
I really did tempt fate when I posted this - I'm now up to 8 nano tanks plus the arium... One is a daphnia tank so doesn't count and the 2 x 12l shrimp/fry tanks are so small they don't count either... At least that's what I'm telling my parents whenever they visit and say "not another tank!".
Currently six and one paludarium, there were nineteen aquariums if I have time and body condition hehe
Now, nineteen really would be the winner!

It always seems perfectly reasonable to add another tank, but it never satisfies the need for more space! I have six tanks, all on the small side. The two smallest are used for quarantine/hospital/growout. Plus a couple of large aerated jars for inverts if you can count those…

Back