• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How intelligent are fish?

I love jawfish @zozo they are some of the most entertaining fish there are. We used to keep them with seahorses because they are generally peaceful. They build fantastic tunnels and I loved how they had a big shell or rock near the entrance to block it up at night when they went to bed (occassionally they'd use a snail or hermit crab and look a bit puzzled when their door wandered off). Sometimes you'd get a bit of squabbling when they stole each others burrows.

I love jawfish @zozo they are some of the most entertaining fish there are. We used to keep them with seahorses because they are generally peaceful. They build fantastic tunnels and I loved how they had a big shell or rock near the entrance to block it up at night when they went to bed (occassionally they'd use a snail or hermit crab and look a bit puzzled when their door wandered off). Sometimes you'd get a bit of squabbling when they stole each others burrows.

This is the first time I see them on video and I don't know what is going on but it's hilarious. Obviously, it looks like they are in a who spits the most sand dispute or something. Over territory maybe? Domestic quarrel? If they were mine I would definitively have named them Waldorf and Mortimer...

Beautifully ugly and seem to have a personality as well. I guess all fish have if we are willing to see it, even pond snails can be hand fed and recognize the hand that feeds them, but this is different... :thumbup:

This is the first time I see them on video and I don't know what is going on but it's hilarious. Obviously, it looks like they are in a who spits the most sand dispute or something. Over territory maybe? Domestic quarrel?

Likely a little bit of territorial squabbling. Some species live in colonies and others are quite solitary. This isn't a species that isn't in the aquarium trade as far as I know but it shares many characteristics with the larger more antisocial jawfish.

This is the first time I see them on video and I don't know what is going on but it's hilarious. Obviously, it looks like they are in a who spits the most sand dispute or something. Over territory maybe? Domestic quarrel? If they were mine I would definitively have named them Waldorf and Mortimer...

Beautifully ugly and seem to have a personality as well. I guess all fish have if we are willing to see it, even pond snails can be hand fed and recognize the hand that feeds them, but this is different... :thumbup:

You got ur pond snails to recognise you!!!!🐌

Man…..that takes some commitment!……or waaaay too much time on your hands. 😂👍

Back