• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi, my name is ..

Fluxtor

Hi, excited to become part of this community and looking forward to learning and hopefully one day contributing.

I'm new to aquascaping but not new to fish keeping as kept tropical fish some 20 years ago and current keeping koi in a 3k gallon formal pond. I've always had an interest in fish since going on my first fishing trip in the 70s (yes I'm an old bod!). I became interested in aquascaping whilst helping my son get some bits for his aquarium. Once I started looking into it and discovered how far planted tanks had come since I kept fish before I was hooked and the inevitable happened. I bought my first tank in December last year which is only a 70 litre all in one, the Superfish Quadro Pro 70 to be precise. It's been running now for a little over 3 months and I'm still battling algae which I think maybe down to the tanks location which is under a skylite in our kitchen.

As said I'm looking forward to learning more about plants and and scaping and am already planning my next (much bigger) tank!

TTFN
Fluxtor

Hi all,
Welcome to UKAPS, can you post a picture? It will just help us to see <"what might be happening">.
It's been running now for a little over 3 months and I'm still battling algae which I think maybe down to the tanks location which is under a skylite in our kitchen.
I'm guessing that the skylight isn't the issue (if there is one).

cheers Darrel

That looks fine. I used to live in Bath (and still work there).

cheers Darrel
I actually live in Midsomer Norton ;)

The video was not long after maintenance so is looking at it's best. Just before maintenance it's tends to have a lot of hair algae and some Cyano which I manually remove!

Back