• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Lambourn

Pleuro

Seedling
Hi, this is my first time at aquascaping.

I used to keep large fish, Channa, Arowana, Gar and the like.
Then I scaled down to just Channa. After my channa died due to a collision in the tank, (long story).
I didn't have the heart to keep fish again for a long while.
Fast forward 5 years I now have some small things with two legs a 16 month old and a 4.5 year old both girls.
So I decided to make a calm tank for them to look at as they seem to love anything watery.

I now have a 2 month (I think) aquascape growing in the living room. It's been interesting, hard work too dealing with algae at the 2 week stage. But I think it's settling down now.

One thing I would like to ask is, I have a strange plant (i guess) growing on my java fern. It's the small cluster of bright green near the top of the clump. Can anyone identify it from the image?

Kind Regards
Pleuro
DSC_4378_zps3g5mlxyj.png

Hi all,
I have a strange plant (i guess) growing on my java fern. It's the small cluster of bright green near the top of the clump. Can anyone identify it from the image?
The small bright green plant is <"Riccia fluitans">. The larger plant is a moss (and possibly <"Java Moss">), rather than <"Java fern">.

Riccia is a great "hitch hiker", have a look at <"Plant ID">.

cheers Darrel

Hey thanks Darrel, that's the plant. So I have Riccia growing. Not sure if that's good or bad yet.
Yes it's moss not fern, my brain is broken from all the hot weather ;)

Kind Regards
Pleuro

Back