• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Hampshire (with pictures) - is UKAPS the answer?

Hey everyone. You know when you have visitors over and they make absolutely no mention of your tank even though they are sitting right next to it? Or when you wish you could have a bit more back and forth with someone who has made something inspirational on YouTube? I'm hoping ukaps is the answer 😄
Briefly, I've currently got the one 60 open top, my first higher tech scape, after wrapping up the Fluval Edge and 30cube low tech. The Edge is becoming a low tech Betta tank for a friend, which I can share soon and I have a shallow 60 on the horizon. MTS is a thing, but making for friends is a great way to satiate!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207-092215.png
    Screenshot_20240207-092215.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20240204_181107163.jpg
    PXL_20240204_181107163.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Hi all,
I have a few begonia Rex I propogated from leaf cuttings and not sure what to do with them.
I'll have one, if I can swap it for something? They are a funny plant, easy to propagate, but more difficult to keep long term. You need to watch out for Vine weevils and Mealy Bug.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,

I'll have one, if I can swap it for something? They are a funny plant, easy to propagate, but more difficult to keep long term. You need to watch out for Vine weevils and Mealy Bug.

cheers Darrel
IMG_5695.jpeg

There’s five plants in there. Two varieties (I think - maybe three?) Not sure the best way to post them but if you PM what you want we can organise a swap.

Anyone else who would like one let me know.

roots emersed
Yup. So far so good and not suffered from crispyness. Loving the colour from the strong light. They were actually rescued from a houseplant that was suffering having been moved away from the light and I discovered they work happily in water only. Then I spotted the REScapes tee with begonia and realized I had the perfect home for the surviving cutting.
Vine weevils and Mealy Bug
That sounds no fun. Do they just show up? Where from? I'd be worried to try anything other than wiping them off or removing the plant altogether, what's the best approach?

Welcome🙂 UKAPS ,input is welcomed ,opinions can differ sometimes but we are a very friendly forum and help and advice is always available, think we have been there when family and visitors don't appear to ackn. your aquariums give them time 😄

Back