• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help to Set Up CO2 Art Kit With Fluval FX6 External Filter

rross11

Hi, I need some advice on how to set up a CO2 Art kit which I've recently purchased second hand.

I'm looking to set it up in my Juwel Rio 350 aquarium, which I'm running a Fluval FX6 external filter on.

I understand the kit can be run inline, or directly into the tank? My query is, if running directly into the tank, what type of equipment do I need to add for this? Would I need to purchase a diffuser / outlet for it?

Alternatively how have people added this to their FX6 pipes? As they're quite large and difficult to modify?

Attached is a photo of the full kit I've purchased, I also have a CO2 canister ready to go.

Thanks in advance :)
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-14 at 13.57.46.jpeg

To keep the flow optium it is best to do a bypass to integrate the inline diffuser into the outlet here is how how did it on my FX6, putting the inline on the inlet just caused the filter to burp with the buildup of CO2 in the canister.

To keep the flow optium it is best to do a bypass to integrate the inline diffuser into the outlet here is how how did it on my FX6, putting the inline on the inlet just caused the filter to burp with the buildup of CO2 in the canister.
Hi, thanks for the feedback. Your set up looks impressive! But I honestly wouldn't know where to start with creating my own tubing like that! I think it would be much easier to diffuse the Co2 directly into the tank via a separate line? Though I understand this might not be the most efficient way

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Is that something which can be added to the CO2 tubing to allow a line to run directly into the tank? Thanks
Yes, just insert a check valve (the right way round) where the line is already cut (or nearer to the bubble counter if you want), put the above mentioned diffuser on the end of the line and drop it in, a couple of sucker/clips will keep it neat.
Hope this helps!

Back