• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Portland, Oregon. Nominally part of the USA.

Vincent P

I decided to join up since I'm getting back into the hobby again. Some of my general plant groups have always been UK based, as my local climates are similar: Vancouver and Victoria, Canada, though Northern California, USA. (I'm in Portland, Oregon) I appreciate the change in tone from American groups, and the greater interest in accuracy and specificity as well.

Vincent

Hi all,
I appreciate the change in tone from American groups,
Welcome to UKAPS.

Unfortunately (<"or fortunately">) we have quite a few American posters who have <"fallen foul of moderation"> on other forums. We are generally quite a friendly (and well moderated) forum where you can express different views without it all descending <"into a flaming war">.
and the greater interest in accuracy and specificity as well.
I think they are things we are really interested in. <"Correspondence with Dr Ryan Newton - School of Freshwater Sciences, University of Wisconsin—Milwaukee"> and I think we are also willing to say "I don't know" when <"we don't know the answer">, and to admit <"our mistakes">.

cheers Darrel

I understand, and apologise on behalf of my countrymen 😳

I'm sure I present many typical American behaviours, but I'll try to rein them in 😁

And yes, I'm passing familiar with British English 😉

Thank you all,
Vincent

Hey Vincent, don't forget we fought a Revolutionary War (1775 – 1783) so we can spell words the way they sound and replace Five o'clock Tea with Happy Hour! :lol:

'Merica :)

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
I appreciate the change in tone from American groups, and the greater interest in accuracy and specificity as well.
You will get a master's thesis in response to a simple question here.

Enjoy your stay here. There's a number of 'muricans lurking about, coming from a different forum :p

Back