• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Oxfordshire

John White

Seedling
Greetings,
I am returning to the hobby after a lay off of more years than I care to remember (about 30).
The differences are quite shocking, some good some not so good. The advancement in methods and equipment available is excellent and I am looking forward to being able to hopefully grow some plants rather than just watch them slowly die.
Some of the not so good (imho of course) are the dreadful man made creations of some fish now available in the hobby. Long finned fish and gaudy colours just don't do it for me. Some of the Discus available I think look very tacky for what was once one of the most elegant of fish available. Am I the only person who likes fish to look like they do in the wild rather than a frankinstein version?
Enough of my rantings, my opinions are my own and I do not wish to offend anyone. Each to their own :)

Back