• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello and Happy Easter from Cheshire

dean

Hello everyone
Its a miserable Good Friday so ive spent all day here reading great stuff [its great when the wife is at work on holidays] Ive took the plunge and decided to join as i lay here on the sofa
i have been keeping and breeding fish for 30+ years, its a disease that my family have learnt to live with.
I have a fish house where i can hide away from the world and play for hours if not days.
I have a trigon 350 in the lounge that im about to aquascape but not yet sure of the look i want to achieve as its a hard shape to do a nice planted aquascape with, anyone got any ideas?
Better still pics would be good

currently fish house is void of fish as im refurbing the tanks, some need re-sealing and as they are getting on a bit and its a centralised system, i thought id do them all at the same time.
previously it was full of tanganikan cichlids, before that i bread discus, but ive always had catfish about.
I have a few fish in a few tanks at moment such as
boesemani rainbows
puntius denisonii
wild 3 spot endlers from venezuela
bottom tail guppies
ilyodon xantusi
red wagtail platy
kohaku swordtails
bristle nose plecs
peckoltia vittata
alfaro cultratus
panda corys
galaxy rasbora
a species of garra that ive to i.d
and some cherry shrimps

Welcome to Ukaps.

I envy you and your fish house but I bet I won't envy your electricity bills. We planned a fish house in the garage but have decided against it, and opted to build a candlelarium, or a workshop to make candles in lol. Only costs a fraction of setup costs too.

I have some galaxies, (cpd's) that I want to attempt to breed during the summer months.

Trigon, triangle? It's not so much hard to scape and plant but trickier to achieve good flow. An island would work well, all erupting from the back corner with a lower frontal area. ;)

George Farmer said:
Hi Dean and welcome to UKAPS.

thanks i will have a look now ive read all the articles, the featured aquascapes and a few very long but interesting forum topics.
:-] best prepare tea before i read any more

There is a few triangular aquariums in the journal sub-forum on here that should help provide some ideas.

Cheers,
George

Hi Dean, try typing in 'Trigon' in the search icon at the top right of the forum page, should link to a few triangle topics or journals.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Hi there. I have a Trigon 190 and cant wait to see what you do with the 350. Please post some pics when you have them .
ps Also in Cheshire (Chester)

hi dean

new around here myself. i see your from warrington, im from northwich, so not so far appart.
good to see someone in the hobby around here, i thought i was on my own! as you say your a breeder it sounds like your far more into it than me !

should be good for exchanging info on good shops ect in the local area

take care.

Back