• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Harvesting daphnia

If they worry you, you can get rid of them by trapping or using Panacur (Fenbendazole).
The problem with using Fenbendazole or Flubendazole is that they tend to kill snails.
So removing Planaria from a tank with snails you would like to keep is nearly impossible afaik. And I really like snails.
Traps to me are just a band aid, I dont believe Planaria will ever be completely removed only with a trap.

One reasons for people's different experiences could be that there are about 50 species of Planaria, and about 4500 species of Planarians.
If you think they are nasty, don't Google Bipalium kewense. :)

Hi all,
The problem with using Fenbendazole or Flubendazole is that they tend to kill snails.
So removing Planaria from a tank with snails you would like to keep is nearly impossible afaik. And I really like snails.
Traps to me are just a band aid, I dont believe Planaria will ever be completely removed only with a trap.
I only keep easy snails, but Panacur hasn't effected them.

Cheers Darrel

Back