• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

H´s optiwhite hightech

img_2730.jpg

img_2731.jpg

img_2733.jpg

img_2734.jpg

Hi again folks

Been a while since i wrote in this thread, but I been asked to take som pics on the lighting fixture.

Let me tell you that it is NOT anything of its original IP65 watertight anymore and any copying it might cause you self damage.

But I work within the tank, and I am aware of the danger my self, and use an residual-current device (RCD). And im still alive hehehe.

-------------------

An aquascape in the tank is not commencing due to an irritating cyano attack that i can not get rid of, however i try.
Once i get all cyano in controll there might be an new scape.

H.

Well, I actually like the design of the lamp, and it is very simple to make. Looks fresh if you dont look staight under or lift the cover.
The only doggy about it is that it is not splash proof. Therefor the RCD.

Thanks for the cyano link, I did not know that cyano prefered the lower wavelengths.
I wonder if the spectrum of the lamps are an benefit for cyano. One of the bulbs have 4000K and the other one is an aquamedic plant grow. dont know much about it, but it is much more red, or purple in color.

Any ideas about the lamps, and the cyano problem?

H.

Hi H, You are welcome. Sorry i cannot help on your Q about lighting:( Others will know more about this.

As to the Cyano
A member on another forum used this and it worked:)
Products Maracyn or erythromycin will cure the aquarium completely of this bacteria.

Thanks greenfinger. But i really dont like the idea of using medicin or even antibiotics to cure anything in the tanks, could it be because i am an stubborn aquarist???.

I have treating the tank two-Three weeks now with waterchanges and a lots of extra KNO3- like 5ml dry to this 240 liter tank twice a week.
And it is paying of a litle bit now, and I have collecting some fastgrowing plants to be planted today.

Back