• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

H´s optiwhite hightech

Thanks mates.

yeah it has started to grow a bit with the most of plants, some of them are not quite well jet.
I need to make an list of plants thats been planted, Think it is almost 40 now.

The fert is going just like that, I forget to fert some Days and it is offcourse not Always so good, but i stumbled across thit DIY fert system.and it looks really good.
http://www.aquatic-eden.com/2009/01/creating-diy-fertilizer-auto-dosing.html

How do you fert your tanks anyway, never ever forget for an period?

H.[DOUBLEPOST=1399978118][/DOUBLEPOST]Or like this... lowtech

Dropp.jpg

HAHAHA

Last edited:
yes, i have read about theese peristaltic pumps and they are looking really nice, but your gadget is a bit complex for me Ian. It needs to be "plug and play" for me. heheh

H

Search Ebay for peristaltic dosing and you will find some there including some nice triple head pumps so you can do macro, micro and liquid carbon in onc machine.

Used google translation, sorry if it does not Think like me...
c3b6versikt.jpg

Just when you start to get really hot in the clothes, or rather when the clothes come off and the sea is warm enough to take a bath, and the tan pigments turn HOT RED character, and permafrost in the marrow has released, well then it must be hauled on all sail homebound, with a new interesting working year shall commence. How nice then ... nooo! Meanwhile, we meet everyone else heading out to this year's holiday and sailing .... Fun! Right?; But that is reminiscent of how the aquarium stands up there in the living room next afternoon sun's impact ...

The aquarium has been unattended for a month now since midsommer, only the water is filled up a few times. Would surely be hefty hunger / malnutrition in rapidly growing plants ...

Once home, I must say that the tub looks good, without my own influences. The lighting had been reduced to 8 hours and co2 level is set lower so as not to deplete the plants all the nutrients as soon as they turn their back. The temperature has certainly been on top when it gets pretty hot indoors on a sunny day.

Nothing extra NPK or Micro has been given in the meantime which would have got the tub to crash on the light and co2 was set as high as before the holiday. But on the other hand, I have had a feeder that has given a cup flake food during the time which of course gives some NPK mm.

What's really interesting is that the glas is almost completely free of algea and plants too. It has paid off not to squeeze the tank equally hard with both light and co2 which requires more track of the algae / nutrient level clean.

Some plants have done well others have gone back, and some have grown on themselves really well. But overall it has gone better than expected.

All right? no total scapeover needed immediately after a total algatack, skööönt! Now expected a period that might provide inspiration for a new scape and perhaps a contribution to a first race with the tank later this winter ...
helbild.jpg

My Dutch plant aquarium with 40+ plants were not nearly maintenance free, clipping and trimming every week at any time, and with some sword plants that became waaaay too big.

So now "the Dutch thing" is in the grave because of its time constraints. And not least because of the summers sailings. I estimate that there have been some sixty nights in the boat this summer, which may be considered as a fine record, cold in the beginning and record warm towards the end. 22 degree water temperature out at sea at the best, and lots of swimming every day. Great sailing but it makes an dissipointment to the scape

But now it is going to be an IWAGUMI scape instead of plant only. My second iwagumi style, but the first in this Optiwhite 120 cm.
25 kilos of grey mountain stones will do the kick.
img_1585.jpg

Some hard work with an slightly extra pice of inspiering fluids, and the hard scape begins to take form

img_1586.jpg

And some hours later...

img_1594.jpg

... waiting it to be clearer, for planting later on.

Not sure if it is too symetrical to the right, maybe need to move those fore stones on the right.

any suggestions?

H.

Last edited:
thanks ada.

there will eventually be a lots of green and red vegetables that will cover the bases, just like in your Icon.
There is actually som traces of styrofoam vissible right now when the tank is clearer and i am counting that they will dissapear when the vegetation is growin on..

H.

in clearer water:

img_1610.jpg

2,5 hours later. with plants.
i did move some rocks on the right so they dont align so much. There is way too many different plants in the scape, so time will tell witch one will go and what plants will stay.

H.
img_1612.jpg

Last edited:
I want to have the stones to fill up the height, so it recuiers a lot of sand, therefore it builds up even at the glass.
you Think it looks wiered?

H.

ok, i will give it a thought...

H.

yeah, thanks. im happy with the hardscape.
Let the plants grow up to see what it looks like.

Bubbling OK tonight...

H.

This alignement is much better, The only thing I´ll change is the angle of the main stone, I´ll tilt it a little to the right to enhance the feeling of flow in your aquascape!

This tank promises a lot!

Thanks Robert, I see what you meen. Ill take it with me...

Heres one late night pic. mote on the plogg

H.

img_1846.jpg

bubbles quite well and grows, some a bit more cautiously, while others pull upwards in full swing.
Some presence of cyano, but nothing to worry about, it seems declining now.
The only thing disappointing is the film that stubbornly remains, white crap that floats, and comes right back the next day after cleansing.

H.

Back