• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Goldfish and plants

El Duderino

Seedling
Hello all,

I have kept fish for a number of years but this is going to be the first time that I have properly attempted to keep plants. I have spent the past week or so on here reading in order to learn as much as I can before making any purchases. I am slowly getting my head round some of the info - of which there is a staggering amount.

At the moment I have 9 goldfish that I have had for about a year, they live in a tank that is 48" (L) X 24" (H) X 18" (W), they will be getting moved to a new tank that is going to be 60" X 24" X 24" once it arrives. The old tank will be used to grow plants in so I can put what I have learned into practice. I would like to have some plants in with the goldfish once they have been re housed. I am looking for some information on plants that the fish will not eat. If it is not going to be possible then the goldfish will have to be content with wood and stone as their decor.

Cheers

Neil

Thanks for the reply and the welcome.

The links are a big help, I now have a list of plants that I can at least try. I am looking forward to getting my new tank.

Cheers
Neil

Back