• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Freds new pond build

Status
Not open for further replies.
green finger thanks mate take care fred now for the photos

getting summer house into the garden
upload_2016-9-16_12-57-31.png

give these lads there due good grafters from bradford
upload_2016-9-16_12-59-17.png

thats the base laid down
upload_2016-9-16_13-0-26.png

more to follow

close up of finished job
upload_2016-9-16_13-10-27.png

upload_2016-9-16_13-12-41.png

inside summer house
upload_2016-9-16_13-14-10.png

love the doors

window and doors inside looking at the pond
upload_2016-9-16_13-15-8.png

that s it folks shed next. going to get apex roof from left to right
this was my wife project electrician in now for lights inside and two on the summer house front
outside. all the best fred

Kadoxu and ian_m thanks. The wife loves it so if she is happy then so am I. Her project this on the garden build.
Electrician to come now. And then hot tub to do. Put some small furniture in there. And pegs for the bathrobes and clothes. And job s a good un. The the shed to do. We have decided on a sloping roof. Because if we get same roof the problems start. IE the roof s will meet and cross. Plus sloping one way it will be better for rain water to run away from summer house. If that makes sense. Amazing how things change as you go along. All the best Fred

hello tim and greenfinger 2 hope your both well. nearly there now to completion. just the plumbing electrics in there plugs hot tub light s inside and out
then buy the shed. then it s all done. what a job we have had with this summer house. our lass could nt find anything she liked to start with . then when she did. it ended up
could nt get it in the garden. supposed to be cut to size then could nt do it. ahhh well never mind it s in now. that was more stressful then the pond build. for our lass ha ha
take care of your self s all the very best. fred i will stay in touch as garden and pond matures. just not as much.:D:clap::thumbup: as it is near completed

Summer house looks great Fred.
What with the pond and hot tub,you'll have a great garden to spend your retirement in :clap:.

thanks nelson hope so mate.one more trip mate officially 31 October mate so you look after your self mate al the best fred

my new koi delivered tuesday

15 inch gin rin ochiba
upload_2016-10-16_18-11-25.png

15 inch sowa sanke
upload_2016-10-16_18-13-10.png

15 inch showa sanke
upload_2016-10-16_18-14-10.png

15 inc goromo
upload_2016-10-16_18-14-57.png

that s presents of the lads on the rig for my retirement
finished Thursday the bottom two my favourites
all the best
Fred

Last edited:
Fred, they're beautiful ! Really nice thought from your colleagues ! Enjoy the retirement !! Send us a few updated photos of them in the pond. I miss seeing all the wonderful photos of your garden !!

Thanks for the kind words s mate. Nice going away pressie from the boys. Very good of them
Must admit I had a lump in my throat when they gave me the check. They where a very good crew. What I like about them fish is the colour s. Take the gorommo. If you look hard at photo blow it up. The purple maroon looks like a bunch of grape affect.
Cheers mate. All the best fred

Last edited:
How s it going zozo. You good. I have retired now mate. Officially
On the 31/10/16. But that s me as of Thursday . I feel great.
My new fish arrived today mate. The 15 inch gin rin Showa sanke .the brown and silver one
First photo. Well I did nt receive that one. Because when they inspected it for dispatch
It had a mark on it s under belly. So they asked if I would like one similar. But 13 inch.
So was 10 pound cheaper. So I said what about my money. They said can t you spend it with us. So me being me.i said I want that yellow golden ogon thrown in .or no deal.
So I picked a fish about 80 quid. He said you kidding me. No I said. So got a golden yellow 10 inch yama ogon thrown in. Ha ha. Love it. Hope your well mate. And you too nelson I will upload some photo s later. All the best Fred

Last edited:
I'm doing fine Fred, thanks for asking.. My pond time is about to end and i'm preparing everything to get the fish inside before it gets to cold for them. Kinda expect a cold winter this year, it's cooling down rapidly.. You'rs realy looks fabulous, also the gardenhouse is a very nice choice, the classic looks realy fit in nicely.. And indeed nice deal you made there with the fish.. :lol: The bottom 2 are also my favotites, realy lovely colorpatern, never seen those colors before.. Can't wait to see them on a pic through the window..

thanks zozo yes weather is rapidly dropping now. here is some pictures as promised

all five arrive and put them in bowl to get them used to make up of my pond water. and inspect them
before adding to the pond
upload_2016-10-19_8-19-52.png

gorommo15 inch
upload_2016-10-19_8-22-48.png

15 inch ochiba brown siver gin rin
upload_2016-10-19_8-26-53.png

showa sanke 15 inch
upload_2016-10-19_8-27-44.png

15 inch showa sanke
upload_2016-10-19_8-30-39.png

more to come

Attachments