• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval FX6 with 16 /22m Hose

I have the atomizer before the heater and it's fine. Just make sure the heater is vertical, as per instructions, otherwise you'll probably get an airlock and eventual failure.

Don't trust the lock nuts on the atomiser :eek:. Mine pulled off once and I started syphoning my tank onto the floor. Now clamped with stainless steel Jubilee clip.

Don't trust the lock nuts on the atomiser :eek:. Mine pulled off once and I started syphoning my tank onto the floor. Now clamped with stainless steel Jubilee clip.
Thanks for the tip!!

Will silicone them rubber connectors to the pipe and will hopefully be ready to start!

Is there any benefit me swapping the CO2 / Heater around so the atomizer is before the heater?

Thanks for all the help!

So just a bit of an update and some questions (this has been a slow one!)

IMG_2464.JPG
So after putting the above together and testing the rubber connectors just dont hold up with the angles of the pipes pulling on them, when testing it had one of the rubber connectors come away from the flex pipe and water everywhere - fun! thankfully just when testing it and not with the tank!

So i've decided im going to go with the proper PVC pipework for this - cant afford for any leaks when this is all plumbed in to the tank and with the solid plastic fittings ill be able to fit it all into the cabinet easier without the limitations of flexi pipe. So looking http://www.aquariumonline.co.uk/pipework_and_fittings_C548.html im not really sure where i begin - the E-Pressure pipes or the Solvent Weld?

Also - Sorry if this is a silly question but what parts do i need to connect the solid plastic pipe work to the inline heater / fish tank, obviously cant use jubilee clip like have done in the past with the flex piping. Sorry all the questions am getting there slowly ha!

I used an FX5 on a 240 litre with inline heater and inline CO2 using a reducer. No issues at all. I'm going to do similar soon with the new FX4.

With all due respect George issues I would say no also, except it would decrease efficiency in the waters CO2 uptake when the heaters come on, due to the localised increase in the water temp in the tube. (see Henry's law and Van 't Hoff equation) so it wouldn't surprise me to see slightly more micro bubbles coming out of the outlet when the heaters are on - especially once the CO2 levels have maxed out in the tank with the CO2 input

upload_2016-11-6_20-28-12.png

Minor detail all the same ;)

Hiya. I asked Hagen themselves as I too have an FX6 coming today for my Fluval. Here is their response:

Dear Holly,

Thank you for your e-mail.

The FX4 can be used with the through tank connection pipes, we do have sort pipes especially for this purpose in development but do not currently have a release date for these. In the mean time if you wish to fit the FX4 on to your system you can use smooth pipe with a 25mm internal bore, make sure you cut off the narrower hose tail off the connectors, so that you are not reducing the flow through the filter.

Best Regards,

Mike Kelly Customer Service/Technical Advisor

So I finally went ahead and started to redo the tank - I got all the old stuff out and fish into a bucket - I've cut the 2 pipes was all going well... or so I thought..

For the life of me I can't stop these larger pipes to work without it leaking and I really don't know what to do - I'm going to have to get the fish back into water which is atleast heated but i can't get the larger fluval pipes to not leak - I've tightened the jubilee clip as much as possible but water still seaps out.. worse still I can't even use the old stuff because the smaller pipe won't go over it - any suggestions what I'm doing wrong? If anyone's not far from Woking willing to pay Somone for their time and some help at this point!

IMG_2451.JPG IMG_2457.JPG

Bit of an update - with a fair bit of ptfe tape I managed to get things slightly more watertight- not perfect but the leak is atleast controllable overnight and the fish can get back into filtered water.

I really don't like this fluval hosing and the connectors - I'm going to get some standard 1" pvc pipe tomorrow and hope for more luck with this than I've had tonight if that still leaks then god knows what I'll try next

Bit of an update - with a fair bit of ptfe tape I managed to get things slightly more watertight- not perfect but the leak is atleast controllable overnight and the fish can get back into filtered water.

I really don't like this fluval hosing and the connectors - I'm going to get some standard 1" pvc pipe tomorrow and hope for more luck with this than I've had tonight if that still leaks then god knows what I'll try next

I'd agree, the design is meant to prevent kinks in the piping but I think it's pretty ugly! I've personally never had trouble with smooth hoses or piping!

I made a DIY spray bar. The closest I could find was 22mm pipe, I too had a dribble with the jubilee clip but I doubled up on them and it stopped the leak.

Hi Simps100,

So I have the Fluval Vicenza 260ltr and like yourself it has the drilled base which I would like to connect a FX6 to if possible, could you please advise if this worked out ok in your tank and if so what did you do / need to make it work.

I don't have co2 or inline heater or anything I just want to be able to connect the fx6 to the existing pipework in base of the tank.

Kevin

Back