• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Edge shop displays

icepotato89

We just got the new fluval edge 2 were i work. its got twice the volume as the old one with the same footprint which makes it a bit difficult to scape. it also has LED lights which seem a lot better than the halogens, but i still wouldn't say it's a high light tank.

i would have liked to create more height with the wood but i didn't have much time to play with hardscape. we just stocked up on goldvine so i used it here to hopefuly boost goldvine sales. i went through heaps of pieces trying to find ones that would fit into the hole at the top of the tank. a guy brought in some mystery moss into store the other day so i used that on the base of the wood and on some rocks around the front. the plants behind the moss are crypt sp, in the middle behind the wood is crypt retrospiralis and a species of dwarf val.

DSCN3236.jpg

DSCN3239.jpg

DSCN3241.jpg

Re: 46L Fluval Edge shop display

Looks really smart mate

I bet it was a pig to the right wood to fit though the hole! You done well though Itll grow in nicely.
What kind of ferts co2 ect do you get to use?

The to the right looks good too, any chance of some more photos?

nayr88 said:
Looks really smart mate

I bet it was a pig to the right wood to fit though the hole! You done well though Itll grow in nicely.
What kind of ferts co2 ect do you get to use?

The to the right looks good too, any chance of some more photos?

here's the other one, this one was setup by the boss before i started working here
DSCN3135.jpg

the boss sold off these two tanks. i was really sad to see the tall one go because the moss was just starting to look really good. oh well...

the up side is i get to set up 2 more edges. we're still waiting for the shipment of the 46L ones so i set up the 23L edge today. it has white silica sand, malaysian driftwood and lots of anubias nana. fish are whitefin tetras.

DSCN3473.jpg

Hi,

I really like the anubias one, piece of jewelery if placed properly in the living room.
:thumbup:

That tank with the anubias is absolutely brilliant

schraptor said:
Hi,

I really like the anubias one, piece of jewelery if placed properly in the living room.
:thumbup:

2nd that comment

Really like the shadow aswell, make it look extra cool :) *pulls cool face* haha

46L Fluval Edge shop display

Lewisr said:
That tank with the anubias is absolutely brilliant
amazing tank. I think that even the light suits anubias. Great tank scape.

I don't know what is the secret of success, but the secret of failure is trying to please the world!

setup one more today so the water is a bit cloudy, iwagumi this time. we'll see how the blyxa does under the stock LEDs, if they struggle i might replace with mini java fern or just more moss.

IMG_2026.jpg

I like it! I've done something similar in my Edge with sand and dragon stone. My Blyxa doesn't look anywhere near as good as that! Starting to see new leaves though :)

This tank is so nice with all the Anubias! What will the maintenance be?

1. CO2 or Excel or Nothing for a carbon source?
2. Fertilization regime EI or just Trace Elements alone maybe?
3. Water changes?
4. Will it be prone to algae since Anubias are slow growing?

Please give info since I would like to replicate it! Thanks!

Back