• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Floating plant choice

Gfish

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a floating plant for tanks with a strong current and rippled water surface?

Ideally I'd like long trailing roots and leaves that don't grow to high above the water line, as it's a tank with a hood.
I have 2 tanks im considering this for. A large high tech medium light tank & a 3ft low tech medium light tank.

Cheers

Gavin

Hi all,
Limnobium laevigatum should be all right, as long as it is a reasonably big plant when it goes in. If you grow them under very high light the leaves will become thick floats. I'm away for a week now, but when I come back I can send you some "ready prepared" ones if you can't find any suitable plants.

cheers Darrel

Darrel

That's great, I'm not in a desperate rush so yes, I'd love to get some established plants from you rather than small ones from a shop please :)
Tell me what date you're back and I'll make a note to PM you then.

What tank do you think they'd do best in? My high tech 5ft with a strong flow or my low tech 3ft with less surface movement but T8 tube only 2 to 3 inch from the surface????

Many thanks

Gavin

Back