• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Flamingo' houseplant in tank

BubblingUnder

Found reduced price 'Flamingo' houseplant (Anthurium Scherzerianum) in local supermarket love a bargain.
Split it into three. Dropped it into the top of my tank roots trailing (in between my Peace Lilies & Pothos)

Split into three.jpg Plant in Tank.jpg

Has anyone else tried a 'Flamingo' houseplant in a tank & did it survive ?

Personaly never tried an Anthurium like that. But mind this plant spp. is an Epiphyte in it's original habitat, same family as Anubias.. Rule of thumb for about all spp. in the Arum family, beter not to submerse the rhizome and leafestalks in substrate bellow the water level, but only the roots hanging down from it and keep the rhizome above substrate level. If you don't use substrate it can be kept like this without problems.

78834-00-BAKIE_20170105154440.jpg

I have some and keep it as zozo suggests, ie don't put it to deep and let the roots seek the water. Mine took a while to look conformable and I seem to remember losing a few leaves before it came back stronger.

Back