• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fire extinguisher CO2

Quick summary of what i need to go out and buy then;

Reg (solenoid right?)
bubble counter
check valve
ceramic glass diffuser
tubing
and an FE obviously.

Nothing else i'm missing right? Complete novice at this, read through most the pages trying to find info i'm after. Easier just to have it confirmed.

a solenoid shuts the co2 off at night if you want it to. they are not needed really, but are good if you want to save a bit of co2. you deffinetly want a drop checker too. bubble counters are also not vital as your drop checker will tell you how much co2 to put in your tank. although if you want a bubble counter you can do.

its been a while since this was updated

im looking for a regulator solenoid combo from ebay for under or around 50 pounds.
anyone got any ideas on what one to get?

also, i have found that m-s fireprotection in glasgow do fire extinguisher refills, for anyone from the north of uk.
£9 for a 2kg

thanks

Themuleous said:
Also, in the 'where to buy' section there is a thread on where to get CO2 refills, add the M-S fireprotection to the end of the thread and Egmel will add it in :)
Alternatively I'll just grab the info from here and add it in ;) consider it done :D

Egmel said:
Themuleous said:
Also, in the 'where to buy' section there is a thread on where to get CO2 refills, add the M-S fireprotection to the end of the thread and Egmel will add it in :)
Alternatively I'll just grab the info from here and add it in ;) consider it done :D

Nice one, ever vigilant :)

Themuleous said:
I dont think that one is suitable.

Sam

how would I know if a regulator is suitable for this job?

thank you

I would stick to regulators that are sold as for aquatic use. The non aquatic ones are not made of the correct grade of stainless stee or brass. They leak or worse if they get damp.
however the CO2 cylinder there are more options. a UK CO2 cylinder has a standard thread size and colour scheme. They all have to be black with the exception of fire cylinders. This is a safety thing nad may be the only time H&S is useful. If you go to a CO2 refil station (FE fillers etc) they should be able to sell you or rent a 2, 5 ,10 or 20 Kg cylinder.

Hi,

I've got a 2kg FE and a medical grade 2 stage regulator but i'm not sure on the best (most appropriate) method of connecting the two. The FE is standard and the regulator has a 1/4BSPT thread on the input.

Could anyone shed some light on the connection method.

Thanks...

What about this Reg. UK supplied. Ok you need to get a needle valve but thats easy enough.
At £29.60 + £6.45 postage

http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/shop/co2-regulator.htm

co2-regulator.jpg

Simon

For the price you're paying, plus the price of a needle valve, you could buy a Wave reg with needle valve, or pick up a second hand regulator. There are cheaper welding regulators out there I believe.

SteveUK said:
For the price you're paying, plus the price of a needle valve, you could buy a Wave reg with needle valve, or pick up a second hand regulator. There are cheaper welding regulators out there I believe.

Needle valves are about £6 from BES.
Give us a link to cheaper regulators please
Simon

Thank you for this tutorial, i set one of these up just now, using info from this post. I used the regulator/solenoid combo from first stop aquatics. The solenoid buzzes a bit loudly for my liking, but its at a decent price so i cant complain.

peter1979 said:
Thank you for this tutorial, i set one of these up just now, using info from this post. I used the regulator/solenoid combo from first stop aquatics. The solenoid buzzes a bit loudly for my liking, but its at a decent price so i cant complain.

My one buzzes as well . If you could not here my weirs it would be annoying to say the least.

Back