• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter for 240L

jtizz

Hi all,
Any recommendations for an external filter for a 240L.

I currently have an Ocellaris 850 external filter that came with the tank, I just feel it doesn't have enough power, I have a surface skimmer which doesn't seem to work correctly even when closer off.

Many thanks,
JT

My personal preference would be two Eheim Experience 350 (2426). You'll have all the flow you need for a high tech tank, and you can always turn it down a bit. I use a small standalone skimmer in addition (Sunsun JY-03) :thumbup:

Every hobbyist will have their own personal preference for filter brand, this is just mine :)
I prefer the older models of Eheim filters as they seem to be more solid than the later editions and have fewer parts that can break.

I'm also going for a 240L this year, and I have everything planned except for the filtration. I think 2 x JBL 1502 would be great. It's easy to get spare parts (almost every webshop sells them), 4 years warranty, very good price / filter volume. I'm not sure about the sound levels, but so far I haven't seen any huge complaints. I've read reviews on all other forums that I could find, the flow rate may be lower than advertised, but 2 of them should be more than enough. And also, pipe sizes are standard 16/22 so there won't be a problem finding a glass or acryl lily pipe for them.

Back