• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fert help

I've put in my order and gone with
CSM+B Trace Elements
KH2PO4
KNO3
MgSO4x7H2O
K2SO4
Preservative E300
Preservative E202
Fe 8% DTPA Chelated

Weekly dose
Nitrate (NO3) 17.5
Phosphate (PO4) 2
Potassium (K) 20
Magnesium (Mg) 7.5
Iron (Fe) 0.4
Total weekly Cu will be 0.003
Hopefully that will be enough

I've just purchased dry salts myself as these all in ones are becoming expensive. I purchased KNO3, KH2PO4, MgSO4x7H2O and CSM+B. Do I need K2SO4? I was under the impression that I would have enough postassium from the other salts. The traces come with preventatives mixed in already. Have I missed something or will I be good to start EI dosing when it all arrives? Its such a mine field lol.

P.s sorry if i hijack you thread.

I've just purchased dry salts myself as these all in ones are becoming expensive. I purchased KNO3, KH2PO4, MgSO4x7H2O and CSM+B. Do I need K2SO4? I was under the impression that I would have enough postassium from the other salts. The traces come with preventatives mixed in already. Have I missed something or will I be good to start EI dosing when it all arrives? Its such a mine field lol.

P.s sorry if i hijack you thread.

The short answer is,; "it depends, but you should be fine".

The long answer is; it depends on how much KNO3 and KH2PO4 you intend to include in your mix, and what source water you are using.

If you intend to target traditional EI levels (20-30ppm NO3, 3ppm+ PO4), your K won't hit EI levels also, but there should still be enough for most tanks.

However it also depends on what source water you are using. Most tap water contains some potassium too, boosting the overall levels, but RO water wont contain any. But then, if you add potassium (bi)carbonate to remineralise the RO, you'll end up with way more potassium that you need.

Back