• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fallen Tree

Quick update - Saturday will be day 20 of my DSM cycle, and I think I'm going to fill 'er up :)
Couple of pics (sorry not the best quality) of some of the plants...
OV6gjhY.jpg
...and HC seems to be doing well...
8iHUWmW.jpg
Bit worried about the fissidens, tho does look like it might be taking?
EYiDscD.jpg

Looking good mate. :)

You could slowly pour a bit of water over the moss to ensure it is affixed properly before properly filling. Otherwise it might float away, and your patience will be wasted!

Can't wait to see this full of water though, and to see how your amazing plumbing and CO2 systems comes into play. :)

Don't know how I missed this one! This all looks fantastic!! I'm subscribed and looking forward to your updates! I think I'm going to be taking the DSM on my next one for sure. I think I have the patients, I spent e months looking at hard scape before planting my latest tank!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Looking good mate. :)

You could slowly pour a bit of water over the moss to ensure it is affixed properly before properly filling. Otherwise it might float away, and your patience will be wasted!

Can't wait to see this full of water though, and to see how your amazing plumbing and CO2 systems comes into play. :)

Thanks George - just tried that and it's definitely seems to be holding....

Yes, can't wait to see how the whole system works. Mark One lily pipe installed so I can check the flow and adapt as required. Learned a wicked new trick for bending acrylic courtesy of Alastaire -

Don't know how I missed this one! This all looks fantastic!! I'm subscribed and looking forward to your updates! I think I'm going to be taking the DSM on my next one for sure. I think I have the patients, I spent e months looking at hard scape before planting my latest tank!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks mate :) I have to say, I've surprised myself - I'm not normally one for waiting, but I'm about at the end of my capacity for watching a damp box :lol:
Although it's been 3 weeks since I planted, I've actually been tinkering with the tank for 4 months, so it's about time now I think....

Looks fantastic mate. Roll on Saturday. Im eager to see it filled and how your handy acrylic bending turns out.
What percentage will you be running the tiles at

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Can't wait! I've set the photoperiod as follows:
Lights come on at 6am with 4-hour ramp to 100%, then dimming down again from 4pm to be off at 8pm - so 100% from 10am to 4pm... I've got two Colour Plus tiles on there, and they are less intense than the Natural Daylight...too much?

Can't wait! I've set the photoperiod as follows:
Lights come on at 6am with 4-hour ramp to 100%, then dimming down again from 4pm to be off at 8pm - so 100% from 10am to 4pm... I've got two Colour Plus tiles on there, and they are less intense than the Natural Daylight...too much?
Ummm no dont think its too. I first saw that and thought "14 hours of light :eek:" but then read it properly.
Dont think you need such an early ramp up.
Have you thought about having your main photo period a bit later so you get to see it at its full brightness after working after coming home from work?? Maybe try a 2 hour ramp up in the morning??? Always best to errr on the side of caution with lighting especially when its first set up. Im not clued up as much on the tmc tiles with regards to light output during ramp up and if after a certain percentage it counts as the actual photo period if that makes sense???

And just me personally for the first few weeks not run at full whack just whilst it takes off

Ummm no dont think its too. I first saw that and thought "14 hours of light :eek:" but then read it properly.
Dont think you need such an early ramp up.
Have you thought about having your main photo period a bit later so you get to see it at its full brightness after working after coming home from work?? Maybe try a 2 hour ramp up in the morning??? Always best to errr on the side of caution with lighting especially when its first set up. Im not clued up as much on the tmc tiles with regards to light output during ramp up and if after a certain percentage it counts as the actual photo period if that makes sense???

And just me personally for the first few weeks not run at full whack just whilst it takes off

I have been thinking about this....I leave for work at 6:45, and I enjoy my first cup of coffee in the morning with the lights just starting to dim up ;) I think what I'll do is just crank the max down from 100 to 50 and see how I go...
I need to get some PAR readings during the ramp up so I can see what dose the tank is getting during this phase. The alternative would be to set the minimum to 1% so they don't go off completely, and start the cycle later - that way, I'd at least be able to see the tank in the morning.

Back