• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Emersed Setups- a growing collection

Hi All,

Been away from the forum for a while. Some updates.. :)
Anubias Nana, Anubias Afzeli, hair grass, **some strange, tiny plant** and ferns:

27618249424_f2a2e16087_z.jpg

Erio needs re-housing!
29223273422_fe59e16c69_z.jpg

29223271642_f13147f55b_n.jpg

Hemigraphis pink, Echinodorous, crypts and Hemigraphis repanda growing in a garden pot:

img

Cheers,

Karthik

Hi all, Do you mean the <"sporeling ferns">? They are the sporophyte (2n) generation growing from a prothallus (n), following fertilization of the archegonia (by motile spores from the antheridia).

cheers Darrel

Thanks,

I think i need to watch it closely now..

cheers,

Karthik

Love it how you have scaped one of the containers! rock on!!!

Anubias are staying small after regular pruning to the mother plant. the previous 4-5 leaves are small, hence I am assuming it will stay that way. This was originally an Anubias Nana.

29477013020_71d3b29cb7_z.jpg

I have 8-10 plants of this size. :)

Cheers,

Karthik

Great thread :) most plants I have grown emersed are smaller/ have smaller leaves than their submersed counterparts, don't be suprised if they revert once back under water.

Thanks tim.. :)

Cheers,

Karthik

Hi All,

New setup with tenellus and Bolbitis fern

30082328205_e4eafe8c28.jpg

Substrate: 30% Cocopeat and remaining coarse garden soil. Bolbitis is mounted on a coconut chip.
Light: diffused sunlight, I am keeping the container covered with a transparent plastic sheet.

Chees,

Karthik

Hi all,
Pogostemon Helferi growing vertically
Looks like it is probably a flowering shoot. Mick.Dk will know more, but it maybe a plant that "wants" to flower straight away when you grow it emersed.

There are flowers on page 4. in this thread (on another forum). <"Flowers of aquatic plants">.

cheers Darrel

Back