• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI Recipes

When I used tap water my tank would go slightly cloudy after day 3 from some reason. I switched to deionised water and its been fine ever since.

Hi,
There really is no best. Use whatever is most convenient for you or whichever causes less grief.

Cheers,

Was think about using RO water gone to all the trouble of getting salts and mixing my own then starting with contaminated tap water last time i tested tap water it was about 240 TDS (total dissolved solids) going set RO system up in morning and make 5 liters just for mixing ferts

Phoned java plants this evening because they not dispatched my order gent on the phone only told me that my tall hairgrass be here 2morrow and dwarf wont be here till next wednesday because something wrong with supply GRH!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Started my first mix of macros and trace

Speaking with fluidsensor in chat room last night about colouring the mixes to allow fast identification
so started experiment with food colours and plan tap water to see how it dilutes

So i started with 500ml of cold water and 1 capful of food colour i then took 90mls of the mix and placed that in the sink to see how much fresh water it took to dilute the 90mls of colour mixed water and after about 30ltrs the water was clear again

So Ive made two mixes using the recipe on my journal so Ive mixed some up with few drops colouring in to make it easy to identify each bottle fast

On my EI Plan i now have a red day and green day just dose 90mls from the right colored bottle i know from my experiment above the 90mls into 180ltrs is going to be more then enough to dilute the colouring

10f6vf9.jpg

This was some thing that i had thought about whilst talking to fluidsensor last night in chat room
something i decided to try and its worked it was only an experiment to see if i can dye a mix like TNC do there's in a green coloured fluid

Only experiment wont be doing it again

Back