• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Downtime

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi everyone,

During an upgrade to the operating system, there was an issue which the host company needed to get involved with, turns out the migration was not as straight forward and a new server had to be rebuilt and data migrated across which took some time.

After that I had no access to the backend system and that took a long time to get resolved today, finally we got there and I was able to access the backend system not long ago, and the forum is back up and running. If you spot any issues, report them on this thread, so I can keep track of the issues easy that way and if others experiencing a similar issue they can see it also.

Fun and games after my holiday, and also on top of that I have been extremely poorly with a heavy cold that has not helped at all, and only been managing small screen activity! Like I said not all fun and games!

Hopefully the migration to a new operating system, and other software versions in the backend should make the forum run smoother also.

As always, enjoy UKAPS and time to get your fix ;)

There is another upgrade I need to perform, but I will give it 24 hours before breaking more stuff and get my head thinking straight a little better! :)

Hopefully the migration to a new operating system, and other software versions in the backend should make the forum run smoother also.

Oh gosh yes, I was about to get withdrawal symptoms. ;)

Great job on getting everything back online - I know these migration things often don't quite pan out as smoothly as they are supposed to!

Yes, get well soon!

Cheers,
Michael

Just a potential issue, forum might not be sending emails out at the moment, so if you do not get email alerts will be due to this issue, I will look into it and see what I can do.

Hi @LondonDragon,

Not sure if I should report this one here. Its really a strange one:

bug.jpg

I never deliberately choose to ignore this member - as a matter of fact the member just joined and only posted 5 times. When I choose to see the list of post from the member it returns no results.

I wonder if others are experiencing this.

Cheers,
Michael

Someone else had mentioned something like that to me a month ago or so, could have been accidental, I could not see any evidence at the time there was something to worry about from looking at the logs!

Hi @LondonDragon,

View attachment 206830

I never deliberately choose to ignore this member - as a matter of fact the member just joined and only posted 5 times. When I choose to see the list of post from the member it returns no results.

I wonder if others are experiencing this.

Cheers,
Michael
Same happened to me. I was ignoring two members, but I definitely hadn't meant to.

Cheers Darrel

Hi everyone,

During an upgrade to the operating system, there was an issue which the host company needed to get involved with, turns out the migration was not as straight forward and a new server had to be rebuilt and data migrated across which took some time.

After that I had no access to the backend system and that took a long time to get resolved today, finally we got there and I was able to access the backend system not long ago, and the forum is back up and running. If you spot any issues, report them on this thread, so I can keep track of the issues easy that way and if others experiencing a similar issue they can see it also.

Fun and games after my holiday, and also on top of that I have been extremely poorly with a heavy cold that has not helped at all, and only been managing small screen activity! Like I said not all fun and games!

Just browsing for a bit and came across this thread. I don't know if there has been any changes, but could I ask what happened to the links to previous journals in our signatures. I only just noticed that mine seem to have disappeared? Do I need to replace or re-do them for them to show up on my signature?

Thanks for doing so much hard work in front and behind the scenes to keep the site going and moving along with the times. You are doing a great job.

could I ask what happened to the links to previous journals in our signatures. I only just noticed that mine seem to have disappeared?

I think the signatures don't show in the mobile version of the forum due to screen real estate reasons.

It’s as @Hanuman mentions above. Signatures etc don’t show on phones.

If you’re on an iPhone, turn your phone horizontal and journal links in signatures will appear.

Back