• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY bypass for Co2, will this work?

Personaly i would rebuild the whole thing and use foxfish's design. :) And this one, it still needs a valve where the red cross is to regulate flow over the diffuser. And 45° T's instead.
View attachment 112285

Since you are using pieces of flex tube to connect the diffuser to the PVC tubing.. Than take a look at these valves.
https://www.banggood.com/Aquarium-F...w-Control-Switch-1216mm-1622mm-p-1033125.html

Is this what you feel would be best then? As I think I’ll order the parts over the next couple days. Again, thanks for your help.

but youre listing skills and equipment I do not possess

Since you're planning to scrap it all anyway, what holds you back to give it a try?.. :) You can throw it in the trash or first burn it and throw it into the trash. Than you tried and experienced.. What do you think? I wasn't born with this.. I burned more than i like to admit, before i finaly got it. That's learning, that's diy, it only get's cheaper once you know how to..Knowledge has a price.. It's a long term process, fruiting in the future. Maybe, but at least than you know.

Since you're planning to scrap it all anyway, what holds you back to give it a try?.. :) You can throw it in the trash or first burn it and throw it into the trash. Than you tried and experienced.. What do you think? I wasn't born with this.. I burned more than i like to admit, before i finaly got it. That's learning, that's diy, it only get's cheaper once you know how to..Knowledge has a price.. It's a long term process, fruiting in the future. Maybe, but at least than you know.

I would but I don’t have a gas torch. And would I not be better off buying new parts than a gas torch in this scenario?

Is this what you feel would be best then?

I never builded one. :) And even if i did what is best? Imho Keep It Simple S... is best?.

And would I not be better off buying new parts than a gas torch in this scenario?
I can't look into your treasure chest.. ;). As said knowledge has a price, you deside what it's worth.. :thumbup:

I never builded one. :) And even if i did what is best? Imho Keep It Simple S... is best?.

I can't look into your treasure chest.. ;). As said knowledge has a price, you deside what it's worth.. :thumbup:

Thank you oh wise one! Think I’ll just give a second building an attempt, but won’t glue anything this time :D

?? Are you realy sure? How would you get co2 diffused into the water is it doesn't flow through the atomizer.. :) Water takes the route of least resistance, the valve enables you to regulate the flow over the atomizer. It could work without, but it will flow as constructed, no way to change things once it is installed. If the flow over the atomizer is reduced due to diameter difference than it will be rather limited.. Since the concept is diffuse co2 into the water, i guess flow over the atomizer should be optimized and not restricted. :)
If the atomiser is fitted vertically bellow the flow as in my first diagram (first and second picture) I think the gas would be forced into the flow. I don’t actually know because I have not tried it but I can’t see where else it would go?
You could fit a single valve between the atomiser and the main line.

If the atomiser is fitted vertically bellow the flow as in my first diagram (first and second picture) I think the gas would be forced into the flow. I don’t actually know because I have not tried it but I can’t see where else it would go?
You got a point there if it is put verticaly in the system.. :) I was thinking horizontaly could cause bubbles to trap if here aint enough flow in the atomizer line.
But me too, never builded a construction like that.

I just do not see much flow created in the atomizer with all the build in bottlenecks before and after the atomizer. In theory greater flow in the atomizer scatters the CO² bubble into the water column to make it diffuse better. Honnestly practicaly i yet don't realy see the whole concept doing a so much beter job with diffusing CO². Have to get my head around the theory, to create a low pressure shunt line with far less flow put in a co2 diffuser. To make it more effectively diffuse it into the water? I guess you need a bit more data than just a few pieces of pipe, some hose connectors and hope. :)

I would also put jubilee clips on the atomiser connections as well. I had my atomiser connection pull off once when filter fiddling and I started syphoning the tank onto the floor !!! :oops:

Unfortunately with the UP atomiser there is no where for the clips to grab onto otherwise I would.

Unfortunately with the UP atomiser there is no where for the clips to grab onto otherwise I would.
Take off the atomiser locking nuts and place the jubilee clip in their place. Done no possibility of them pulling off. ;)

Back