• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 or not?

Yeah I think that will be my issue as I want dwarf hair grass and moss on the bottom which lighting may cause issues but I've not seen anyone modify the light for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dwarf hair grass maaaay just work. You can only try. I have it in my tank and it grows at a moderate rate but my setup is different to yours.

Apart from dwarf sag and hair grass which I've grown before, my best carpeting plant has been monte carlo. I grew a full carpet in 8 weeks with only liquid carbon.

93b92dace3c448ee93ed9756b5f17c6e.jpg

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Attachments

• 93b92dace3c448ee93ed9756b5f17c6e.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 72
    82 KB · Views: 74
    82 KB · Views: 75
    82 KB · Views: 78
    82 KB · Views: 77
Thank you!! I think I'll get co2 and have it on a low amount, because some say don't need it use ferts, some say need co2 with surely a low amount of co2 and some ferts with do just as good, bit like a in between?

Since it grows low tech any little bit of extra co2 is beneficial ofcourse.. There is no rule that says you absolutely need 30ppm..
30ppm is about best limit when growing difficult plants under sufficient light and still be safe for the livestock.. If you have no fish you can add co2 limetless till your tank floats to the ceiling.:D. I remember a member i can not seem to find back under the @ list MarcelG, i think to remember, who tested and stated everything he tested grows equaly as good with only 15ppm. But lets say a low tech has averagely 1 or 2 ppm co2 naturaly, then the plants will benefit if you only add 5ppm extra.. If available a plant obviously will use it, it's in their system to do so it takes what it gets.. :thumbup:

Since it grows low tech any little bit of extra co2 is beneficial ofcourse.. There is no rule that says you absolutely need 30ppm..
30ppm is about best limit when growing difficult plants under sufficient light and still be safe for the livestock.. If you have no fish you can add co2 limetless till your tank floats to the ceiling.:D. I remember a member i can not seem to find back under the @ list MarcelG, i think to remember, who tested and stated everything he tested grows equaly as good with only 15ppm. But lets say a low tech has averagely 1 or 2 ppm co2 naturaly, then the plants will benefit if you only add 5ppm extra.. If available a plant obviously will use it, it's in their system to do so it takes what it gets.. :thumbup:

This forum is a life saver

Organisms like Plants are just like complex self replicating high tech machine. However in order for them to function properly they need substances. We can't build a robot out of thin air do we?? In case of plants these substances we called fertiliser which include nitrogen, carbon, phosphorus, potassium etc. That is the idea behind fert dosing. Plants need complete set of substances. In case one of the substance is absent, deficiency occur which may observed as stunt growth, small leaf, transparent leaf, melting etc... Hope this theoretical part of fertiliser can help you.

Plants are equipped with built-in solar panel to capture light energy through photosynthesis.

For me I don't differentiate plant type and tank type into high or low tech. I differentiate them according to their ability to tolerate the lacking of certain substances and energy level. Example Java fern is highly tolerant to lower energy level and substances. But if given higher energy and abundance of substances Java fern may grow better in term of size, color etc.

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So guys, co2 supermarket won't have horizontal regulators for up to 2months... oh god!! Any suggestions?

Back