• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 diffussion

zeos

Seedling
i know the most efficent method of diffussion is an inline reactor, but I'm awful at diy and they are fairly expensive to buy.

I currently use a glass/ ceramic diffuser which I have poistioned under my spray bar.

I was thinking of moving the diffuser so it is positioned directly under the filter intake, as im pretty sure this would be more efficent and ensure a better distribution of co2 in the tank.

However, i am concerned that if the co2 is being diffused directly into the filter, the high levels might have an adverse effect on the bacteria in the filter and cause a spike.

Has anyone tried this before, or have an idea of whether or not this might have a negative effect on the bacteria?

Thanks

Hi,
Why not do a search using "CO2 + filter + intake" as search parameters? The search function is located in the upper right corner of the screen.

Cheers,

chees mate.

Found your previous post on the subject... answered all my questions.

zeos said:
i am concerned that if the co2 is being diffused directly into the filter, the high levels might have an adverse effect on the bacteria in the filter and cause a spike.

Has anyone tried this before, or have an idea of whether or not this might have a negative effect on the bacteria?

Thanks

i think its the best way of diffusion - been running this way for years now with no problems what so ever.

100% mix of gas within water column.

Regards
Paul.

Back