• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CooKieS

Hi all,

As my passion for rare plants grown up since 2 years, and my bank account reduced more and more, I decided to setup a budget friendly small tank to grow rare plants and sell some eventually.

So here’s the equipment used:
-Viv mini S optiwhite tank 31x18x26cm
-Ledstar Aqs-Pro 45 led (superb finishing on this one)
-Intank aquario co2 diffuseur
-Dennerle scaper’s flow

So what’s inside the tank:
-Tropica aquarium soil
-Ada la plata sand
-Ada gravel
-River wood
-Lava rocks

At first i just wanted to do an Dutch style tank but I quickly realized I wasn’t able to keep up with an hardscape empty aquarium so…I assembled this:

F10A36BE-C4F3-4342-9CB1-EA4E19D68FE3.jpeg

To be continued …

Viv Mini S, is this a new tank manufacturer? Haven't heard of them yet!

Viv Mini S, is this a new tank manufacturer? Haven't heard of them yet!

Hello it’s an Chinese brand:

Hello it’s an Chinese brand:
Ah of course. I’m familiar with Viv, they’ve been around for many years. I believe they make those glass HOB overflows for sumps.

Ah of course. I’m familiar with Viv, they’ve been around for many years. I believe they make those glass HOB overflows for sumps.

Yes, I had multiple nano tanks, pipes and glass feeder from this company, and the quality is great at 1/3 the price of Ada. :)
Looks great.
Thanks !
Looks superb.
Thanks a lot!

Sorry guys, but because I have been too much on this stupid social media called Instagram, I forgot how nice it was to run a proper journal here and in the same time learn and share some real knowledge, so you’ll see a bit of a fast forward journal here , because this tank is from last year and already rescaped since. ;)

So guys, here’s my recipe for easy high tech nano setup :

-Light 6h per day for the first 6 weeks then 7 hours
-Don’t dose anything until 6-8 weeks and then some K and micros for 3-4 months (with new soil)
-Use nicely balanced aqua soil, tropica is my fav.
-do a darkstart or use an already cycled filter
-I run my co2 24/24 but at a low rate (1b every 3 sec), this is valid for nano tanks up to 60 liters
-add livestock slowly, after 6-8 weeks only.

EC4BA193-596D-4642-85C1-39D8AE37C789.jpeg

So guys, here’s my recipe for easy high tech nano setup :

-Light 6h per day for the first 6 weeks then 7 hours
-Don’t dose anything until 6-8 weeks and then some K and micros for 3-4 months (with new soil)
-Use nicely balanced aqua soil, tropica is my fav.
-do a darkstart or use an already cycled filter
-I run my co2 24/24 but at a low rate (1b every 3 sec), this is valid for nano tanks up to 60 liters
-add livestock slowly, after 6-8 weeks only.

View attachment 215572
Really nice proportions in this aquascape, I also do the 24/7 co2 at a lower rate, I think it works well (though my tanks do not look as nice as yours haha)

I realised I haven’t told which plants I used in this one so:

-hygrophila pinnatifida
-eriocaulon feather duster
-buce moss
-Crepidomanes vietnam sp 2
-rotala blood sg
-Rotala Florida
-bacopa salzmanii
-bucephalandra ghost 2011
-many other buces
-microsorum petite

And this is how it went after a few weeks:

I had to replace some mosses due to some small fuzz algae I had in the beginning, erio feather duster is quickly taking over after a few weeks of adapting…an beautiful plant but definitely a bit long for this mini S sized tank, so an tank update was necessary! To be continued.
CED70637-259E-4D20-88E6-FBD3257BCC90.jpeg

Back