• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros Aquasky led

For balance, I have the Chihiros a series 60cm unit, and don't notice any flicker with the dimmer on

I'm thinking of getting that for a little 5G which is lit by a cheapo now. Growing a HC carpet on it and it'll eventually be a shrimp tank with perhaps some floaters on top. From outer edge to outer edge, mine measures 35cm. Do I go for the 351 or 361?

IME, the Chihiros is very bright. I've measured PAR and it is stronger than the ADA aquasky. Depending on your scape plans it may be overpowered. If doing an Iwagumi type layout with a few low growing carpeting plants I'd throw in some floating water sprite in the beginning to compensate for the lower plant mass. CO2 has to be on point and a nutrient rich soil will probably help greatly. The red rotala is Rotala H'ra. It does not get this red in any other setups I'm running. Par is over 200 micromoles near the top center. Aquasky is around 160 as measured by an Apogee PAR sensor.

I did not like the dimming function. Seemed to make the light flicker a little. The light did not appear to be steady or stable. It wasn't obvious, but looked strange to me. I ran at full power and skipped the dimmer.

Here is my most recent scape with the 45 cm version of the Chihiros

View attachment 88311
Have you an co2 here?

Back