• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Changing my routine..Help

harryH

When I was buying all my gear for my tank I bought AE Neutro + and Neutro CO2 liquid carb for use in my pressure CO2 set up.
Let me say straight away, my plants have exceeded all my expectations and I can't praise Neutro+ enough. However, UKAPS is a great place to be and I was quickly learning about EI and loving Clive's tuition on the subject in all the relevant posts.
I bought the 'Hard Water' EI kit from Aquarium Plant food UK and now that my Neutro+ is almost finished am looking to start with EI. I plan to use these in the wet (liquid) formula initially and in accordance with their instructions. I suspect it's straight forward but....
Can I just stop using my existing Ferts and change straight over onto EI or is there a requirement to do a gradual change over? Is there anything I need to watch out for or, as Clive seems to imply so often, don't worry, just dump it in there:D.
Harry.

I would say just change over,at least that what i did and only got positive results!Just remember to keep up with the water changes:)Cheers Mark.

Exactly. Stop worrying about silly powders and worry about CO2/flow/distribution/cleanliness.
That's plenty to worry about, believe me.

Cheers,

Thanks guys, it's as I suspected but an old fool like me stuck in the 1960's tends to doubt anything and everything.
Yes Clive, that's another great thing I learned from you and I do at least 2 water changes a week and sometimes 3 ! with attention to removing as much debris as I can find. So far, everything crossed, I haven't encountered the dreaded algaes and my little 80 ltr set up is quite easy to follow.

Back