• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Changing lights to LEDs

If you can afford it, get the proper plant LED, always worth doing as provides more scope.
I use aquasky as I have no intentions of going back full high tech as it's too much for my schedule with work etc. Aquasky enough for my needs but I have had high tech before and it's enjoyable and allows full range of plants to be used, I used the Fluval plant LED on my fresh 60 tank with co2 but it proved too high maintenance.
Yeah I'm trying to look for a place which has them cheap enough so I can get them!
TBH I am probably the same I don't plan on ever going to high tech and growing high light plants and never see my self getting co2 or anything
I'm using the F&P 2.0 (non CO2) without issues. Plants have picked up, I'd estimate, around 20-30% over my twin T8s. I'd bite the bullet and go F&P!
do you get any algae? As I'm not planning on using co2
Yeah I'm leaning towards the plant 2.0 but only this is the price :dead:

do you get any algae? As I'm not planning on using co2
Yeah I'm leaning towards the plant 2.0 but only this is the price :dead:
No more than I used to (minimal) but I'm EI dosing now so that'll address it. Look for 'aquacadabra' on the web or eBay for decent prices. As I mentioned, I thought I was blowing a wad of cash for nothing but I'll never look back.

No more than I used to (minimal) but I'm EI dosing now so that'll address it. Look for 'aquacadabra' on the web or eBay for decent prices. As I mentioned, I thought I was blowing a wad of cash for nothing but I'll never look back.
Oh ok atm i am dosing lush ferts which are from ebay not sure if you have heard of it.
Do you get BBA with the lights? as im getting some but only on my mirco swords at the front for some reason i have a spray bar which flows water over it but still getting it :/
so dont know if it will be worst with the new light

Ok thanks ill have a look!

Use to?
Should you get BBA with the leds as it's more light or are these light different that way?

Also I wanted to ask would one of the plant 2.0 led lights replace both the t8s that I have.
As if I get this i'll probably have to remove the fixture currently on

The BBA is reducing somewhat but that may also be me fannying around with flow and dosing. Suffice to say; no guarantees as everyone's tank is different.

Yes, one unit should replace the T8s adequately. I tested mine against the new LED strip and at only 65% output, light level at substrate was the same as the T8s.

Hi so I ended up getting both the plant 2.0 and the aquasky led and tested them out!
I really liked the plant 2.0 but the only problem was that with the fluval 200 tank I would have to keep it open and dont have anything to cover it as the light and flap doesn't fit together

So we decided to stick to the aquasky as it fits into existing setup and was thinking of getting one more (2 in total) so wanted to ask would that give enough lighting for plants that I have and would that taking my lighting setup to medium?

And how would I go about getting the right amount of Ks for the light and to give the correct lighting for plants

Yeah I did like the plant 2.0 but my dad didn't leaving the tank open and removing the hood that we already had in the tank as I really wanted to keep that light!

That's why just want to find out if the aquaskys that I ended up getting are good enough to grow the plants as if not rather just return them if there is no point

I have some medium light plants as well such as Amazon swords and stargrass and hydro so will they grow in this tank?
And should I keep the lights on full brightness

sorry for resurrecting an old thread but can someone advise if condensation/water drops inside the Fluval Fresh & Plant 2.0 a sign of a fault?
I bought the lights in Dec'17. They are 59W & used with my Roma 240

Many thanks

Fluval has been claiming it's one of the best water proof rating lamps out there - I'd be returning it :(

You'll likely get much better answers if you start a new thread querying
condensation/water drops inside the Fluval Fresh & Plant 2.0?

Fluval has been claiming it's one of the best water proof rating lamps out there - I'd be returning it :(

You'll likely get much better answers if you start a new thread querying

thanks, I'll start a new thread.

Back