• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can shrimp be made to adjust to different PH

andy-mu

Reason I ask is, I particularly like the Sulawesi shrimp.

Heavily injected C02 tanks will have lower PH than they like. Just wondering if they could
gradually be made to get used to lower PH than they like and adapt to this

Hi all,
Reason I ask is, I particularly like the Sulawesi shrimp. Heavily injected C02 tanks will have lower PH than they like. Just wondering if they could gradually be made to get used to lower PH than they like and adapt to this
I'm not a CO2 user, but the changes in pH when you add CO2 are to do with the change in the CO2 ~ HCO3- equilibrium, and aren't the same as changes in water chemistry, there is an explanation here <"pH drop & high alkalinity">.

Personally I'd be much more worried about killing the shrimps with CO2. If I was going to keep Sulawesi shrimps I'd definitely set a tank up for them, rather than trying to fit them into an existing set-up.

cheers Darrel

Yes I agree, I'm running co2 with crs,cbs, if I'm not going to be home/going Away, it's lights off and co2 off so I don't worry about gassing them.:)

Thanks Kirk.

In light of opinion, I think I'll stick with sakura red shrimp. Similar in requirements as crs and still pretty attractive

Back