• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can anyone Identify the deficiencies here?

jms1971

Seedling
Hi,
I'm hoping that someone can identify this plant, and tell me what its deficient in. Leaves are distorted, some new growth seems to be yellowing/ dying, the leaves seem over textured if you know what I mean.
I hope the picture describes it better than my woeful description.
Thanks.
311011-3.jpg

You can clearly see that there are grains of sand collecting within the leaf distortions.
Fourth leaf from left is new growth but appears almost burnt.

Hi,
Structral issues are typically the result of poor CO2. You failed to provide any details of the tank so it's unclear whether this is a carbon enriched tank or not. If it is carbon enriched thenyou need to either add more or to lower the light. If it's a non-enriched tank then you options are only to reduce the light. You can also prune heavily to reduce the biomass and to lower the demand for carbon.

Cheers,

Thanks for the rapid response, much appreciated. Yep, its got plenty of co2. Maxxed to the limit, dare not use anymore. So ill half the light and see how it is in a months time.
Would you expect this type of damage to repair itself?
Cheers mate. :thumbup:

It is echinodorus parviflorus and twisting is normal but those little holes are not.

It is echinodorus parviflorus and twisting is normal but those little holes are not.
Thanks for that.
There are no holes in the leaf surface, are you referring to the puckering on the leaves? Some sand has collected in that puckering, But no holes. The leaves seem solid enough but the edges on one or two are slightly browning.
Cheers for the info. Ill have to write it down cos I wont remember it.
Thankyou

Edit:
Ok, Now I know what it is. It seems its all normal for this plant. Tropica have a great description of it. Thanks again to everyone. I think i'll keep the light low anyway, its less hassle.
Cheers

Back