• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Buce box

bengill

I'm looking at setting up a box for all my buce and anubias once I take down my 90p and just wondering if anyone has a tried and tested method for this as I've seen a few different types.

Also does anyone know if microsorum grows emersed?

Cheers!

Ah perfect! Exactly what I needed! Thankyou!

it needs very high humidity
In my experience it will eventually adapt to much lower humidity than you might expect, I actually have java fern growing in a vivarium with basking lights but it took a long time for it to start producing more robust fronds that don't dry out and crisp up. The vivarium has an automatic misting system but it doesn't run every day and, housing lizards, it's nowhere near as moist or humid as any emersed setup for aquatic plants should be. I have Anubias congensis in the same vivarium and it's essentially a weed that I can't kill now but it too took a long time to adapt.
Definitely not a fast way to propagate it but java fern is an incredibly hardy and resilient plant. On the other hand I've failed every single time I've tried to grow Buce emersed. I've even wiped out months worth of growth by removing a lava stone with buce on it during tank maintenance and allowing it to dry out too much for a few moments.

Back