• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Betta fish

sai_786

Hi this is Naren can any one tell me why my betta fish is acting wired its gonna be third day in the tank he is taking food rarely when I brought him pet store he is super active and fighting with other betta and even I found bubble nest in the bottle , after this issue I enquired my friend at pet store he served me with a exotic answer that states betta fish should be only kept in bowel not in a tant? I don't know what shall I do with such kind of people OK here comes his tank mates are Otto one and one wipe tail pleco and one ammano the tank details
Tank size 30cm cube
Light sobo M 37
soil ada
Filter sun sun hob
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Gh 4
Tds 211
Temperature 29.1
For co2 check my co2 indicator
Kindly help md

@sai_786 - first, turn off the flow entirely (for just 5 minutes) and see if the Betta acts better. Let us know what you find when you do that,

@sai_786 - first, turn off the flow entirely (for just 5 minutes) and see if the Betta acts better. Let us know what you find when you do that,
Yes I have done he seems to be active but how to reduce the flow in sun sun xbl 300

Is this the only flow control on the grey dial knob. If so turn that down so that the flow is slower. If not then look at a DIY baffle videos on YouTube.

Looks to be a very good filter for thr price. Have saved it to try in the future.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231230_151725_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231230_151725_Chrome.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 58
Yes I have done he seems to be active but how to reduce the flow in sun sun xbl 300
Cool - I cannot find the instructions for that unit, but it's turning over your tank between 5/6 times (at 50% efficiency) and 10/11 times (at 100% efficiency). And I can't find whether it is adjustable.

Can you easily get hold of filter intake sponges? you can zip tie one of those over the filter outlet to diffuse the water
@sai_786 - Without any flow adjustment, I think @OllieTY is providing the best solution. You need to keep some flow in the tank for plants, but use something to baffle the output so it disperses more.

Is this the only flow control on the grey dial knob. If so turn that down so that the flow is slower. If not then look at a DIY baffle videos on YouTube.

Looks to be a very good filter for thr price. Have saved it to try in the future.
The nob is only to adjust the surface skimming thanks for your idea sir

Can you easily get hold of filter intake sponges? you can zip tie one of those over the filter outlet to diffuse the water
Is this OK am I done correct what you say but it will affect the water and co2 circulation around the tank them

Attachments

• IMG_20231230_214249.jpg
    IMG_20231230_214249.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20231230_214235.jpg
    IMG_20231230_214235.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
What PPI is that foam? @OllieTY - You have probably done this more than I have!

You are right it will affect co2 injection, but I think having slightly less efficient co2 mixing is better than stressing the fish out really. I wouldnt adjust the co2, and just wait to see if the plants are still growing well! You could also look out for a coarser version in the long run to slightly boost the flow....

Hi guys just changed the filter foam to this filter pads which is creating some little surface agitation to circulate the co2 circulation and I thing the little guy is feeling some relief what you say

Hello @sai_786 - when I go to the link it says "Album Empty"

Same your Google album is empty.
Just use the attach files in the bottom.left of the reply box. And upload from your device.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231231_124423_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231231_124423_Chrome.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 27
Back