• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best Snow pic

very nice, see youre using that 10mm now G :D

This was my view on the way home for most of the night. Speedo on zero and parked up in traffic with an occasional stroll around when people got out for a chat :)

img2640v.jpg

Stu

Not as nice pic as yours, but check the temperature!

web.jpg
:crazy:
It was a bit nipply! :lol:

My garden:
web.jpg

Some top pics on here!

My fav's so far:

Dans HDR
Picture3-7.png

George's RIver
4247840165_659492ab23_o.jpg

and Aarons snow bikes! :lol: :lol:

DSCF0006-5.jpg

Attachments

• 4247840165_659492ab23_o.jpg
    4247840165_659492ab23_o.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture3-7.png
    Picture3-7.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
  • DSCF0006-5.jpg
    DSCF0006-5.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 87
here's my wife loving the freezing conditions.

natt.jpg

and a short, poorly edited, 2 scene vid. you can just see the snow starting to melt a bit

Nice shot of the Mrs mate. Video is superb quality for an internet video :thumbup: . Which camera are you using? or is it something to do with the way you have uploaded?

Mark Webb said:
Nice shot of the Mrs mate.

cheers mark.

Mark Webb said:
Video is superb quality for an internet video :thumbup: . Which camera are you using? or is it something to do with the way you have uploaded?

it's from the 5Dmk2 mate. i'm still in the process of working out conversation, codecs...etc etc. i'm getting the hang of it now though. editing is a whole new ball game, nothing like stills. i did take 20 or so clips but thought i'd just bang 2 together to see what it looked like.

Dan Crawford said:
your wife really "pops" out of the shot.

thanks dan, she thought she was 'popping' out for milk :lol:

and my take on snow.....

trees.jpg

Here is my first try at at snow pics,the light was crap in worceter this morning but i did my best,stu,george,mark,and co any tips would be good thanks,
20100106-IMG_4153.jpg

20100106-IMG_4200.jpg

20100106-IMG_4150.jpg

These are from the cemetary where my son is buried,hope you dont think its morbid,
20100106-IMG_4253.jpg

Black and white
20100106-IMG_4236.jpg

thanks for looking,
regards john.

Happy New Year to you all :D Some beautiful photographs - real winter wonderlands!

We got up at stupid o'clock to get to the coast to see the seal pups;

4240856466_628a004364_b.jpg

4240845900_958100c563_b.jpg

4240069109_57d29acd1f_b.jpg

CeeBee said:
Happy New Year to you all :D Some beautiful photographs - real winter wonderlands!

We got up at stupid o'clock to get to the coast to see the seal pups;

4240856466_628a004364_b.jpg

4240845900_958100c563_b.jpg

4240069109_57d29acd1f_b.jpg

Hi Caroline,
where did you go then to get those lovely pics, :thumbup:

regards john.

lovely first pic caroline. :thumbup:

John! a couple of things i do is....shoot manually. get a correct exposure manually and fire away in the knowledge your camera wont be fooled with dodgy metering. just watch for the sun coming out.

if you can, shoot in RAW. giving you way more control over W/B, which can be really tricky with snow. different times of day give different W/B settings, more so than normal. don't be too concerned with blowing highlights! it's nearly impossible to get that 'wonderfully' exposed shot, after all snow is white! in my last pic, i had highlight warning, but wasn't really bothered.

if it's not blue sky, go with B&W...like what you did. the little bit of colour there is on a cloudy, snowy day is negligible, so dump the colour.

saintly said:
lovely first pic caroline. :thumbup:

John! a couple of things i do is....shoot manually. get a correct exposure manually and fire away in the knowledge your camera wont be fooled with dodgy metering. just watch for the sun coming out.

if you can, shoot in RAW. giving you way more control over W/B, which can be really tricky with snow. different times of day give different W/B settings, more so than normal. don't be too concerned with blowing highlights! it's nearly impossible to get that 'wonderfully' exposed shot, after all snow is white! in my last pic, i had highlight warning, but wasn't really bothered.

if it's not blue sky, go with B&W...like what you did. the little bit of colour there is on a cloudy, snowy day is negligible, so dump the colour.

Thanks Mark,
regards john.

Thanks guys :D

They're on the Norfolk coast - just up from Winterton-on-Sea. We parked there and then just kept walking up the coast. You can probably get in closer. We were there at dawn - so it was an early start!

Edited to say: Agree with Aaron - really like that last BW pic, John. I like the colour one above it too - lovely and crisp.

Quit all this HDR stuff and start using ND grads you bunch of lazy gets! :lol:

That upside down baby seal could possibly make you a few quid Caroline. The eye contact is fantastic.

Dave.

Back