• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best Cover Versions in the World Ever!

Hi all, It is certainly a bit different compared to Bill Wither's original version. A favourite of mine as well.

cheers Darrel
Sure is.. :).. She did a lot of covers, to many to name and all of them i can enjoy.. I'm also a bit Bill Withers fan so t'hat's why i choose this one. I'm also rather a purist, but her covers are more than just copying.

But few times covers can be way beter and more catchy than the original. From this the original is just to sweet, this is not a young guys story and is way beter with a lived and aged voice.

This made my Christmas last year :lol: though mrs Tim thought it was awful so maybe not to everyone's taste.

If you manage to sit through the first minute it becomes rather enjoyable.. But definitely best after a few beers with some mates..

Reactions: tim
Not to big a fan of cover versions in general Hoggie unless the artist can add something I think Bryan Ferry did it with Lennons "Jealous Guy"

I hate to like pinched music, but some artists voices can really add emotion to original work or rework something so differently it doesn't take away from the original ☺ that being said some are too entertaining not to appreciate :D

Not to big a fan of cover versions in general Hoggie unless the artist can add something I think Bryan Ferry did it with Lennons "Jealous Guy"
Indeed....nice cover of Jealous Guy from Mr Ferry!
He is one of the Past Masters of re-working great tracks!
A Hard Rains Gonna Fall.....springs to mind...plus lots of others!
hoggie

Back