• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arcadia T5 LED

The only problem I found is that obviously the higher the LED the more spread the light angle is, been so close to the water level created the top inch or so to be darker, I corrected this by building my own lid to raise them up as high as I could, they are defiantly brighter than fluorescent tubes I can assure you on that.

I have a interpet Tri-Spec 690mm to 800mm which I love and this creates a great ripple effect! Very pricy though and it can work with aquarium lids
This unit has grown almost anything I have put below it.

That's it then! I'm sold!
I'm ordering them tonight
Thanks for the sound advice Luke, much appreciated.

Hi all,
I've decided to change my mind and opt for a hardscape only discus setup and maybe a couple plants later on once the tank has been established if any.
I would definitely have some floating plants, the Discus will appreciate them and they mean you don't have the filter as a single point of failure.

cheers Darrel

Hi All,

So as promised I decided to go for the 742mm Freshwater Pro Arcadia T5 LED's for my Juwel vision 180. So after about 2 months burn in time I thought I'd give a review on them based on my experience.

As mentioned earlier I decided to go for a hardscape only setup for now, so the lights are being used purely for aesthetics purposes as I am going for a South American biotope feel. Nott looking to grow any plants as of yet however I may add some floating type plants in the future(if you guys have any suggestions let me know), but as for now i'm enjoying the growth of algae on the driftwood and rocks; creates a more mature look I feel. So honestly I couldn't tell you how well these lights perform at growing plants or any demanding types like ludwigia.

I have my lights fitted on my existing Juwel t5 unit and the tubes I picked up off Swell UK are to be used specifically for the Juwel units, however they do offer other lenghs and colours for normal T5 units.

The lights definitely deliver when it comes to brightness, sometimes I wish I could tone it down or have a phase in/down feature especially with my Rummy Nose Tetra's going absolutely barmey when I turn the lights off but no complaints in that department. With some surface agitation created by the filter outflow the LED's create a subtle shimmer affect which is exactly what I was excited about when discovering these tubes. The shimmering is probably not as vivid as you would probably see with the dense matrix LEDs inside Kessil lights however they are enough to satisfy my needs.

Great build quality with these tubes as once fitted on, they have a wide adjustment range allowing you to set the preferred direction of light with a clicking feature a lot like the bezel on a divers watch. Slight annoyance is that the packaging claimed a waterproof seal, however I have noticed condensation can build up within the tubes from time to time, which you can't do much about, but any exterior water marks created from splash backs is wiped down everytime a big water change is carried out.

At the time I came across these lights the Juwel multilux T5 LED tubes were not available to me otherwise I probably would have gone for them as apparently they're slightly cheaper than the Arcadia's so I had no choice and picked these up for £31.99 from Swell UK. I have come across them in the later versions of the Juwel visions recently and they don't look much different at all so once my current Arcadia tubes blow out I'll give the Multilux tubes a go.

But as for now these Tubes are doing my tank well.

If you guys have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them for you.
792930872a1aa34e0147aa6893fbaf4e.jpg
0d2d226c5cc1c94a46c9ea85767f73de.jpg
ab2c25dfa313ea808b586ab73c3fa015.jpg
2266d8f13e4d2e72116de5fb33d59356.jpg
e7bf374f1630b5b55dda30f458bf724f.jpg
1bba120ad9fbd6995f8305a4f065ece9.jpg
3c390761d2c4f5846f50c85ddaa3bda0.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Glad you are having better luck with them than I did, great review, maybe they have altered them in some way to make the ripple better?
I have a friend who bought some and they didn’t break there Hagen glo units so they seemed to have corrected this issue

Back