• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua Noob

mrdanielmh

Seedling
Greetings! I'm new here, I found my way here after doing lots of research into setting up my first small, simple, no rech, no co2 planted tank with a small livestock amount.

What a minefield it is out there with so much conflicting information.

I'm looking at the Fluval Flex which seems to be super common for my first tank. I love to see any existing setups or guides/tutorials people have worked on with their setups.

Looking forward to learning and getting started!

Thanks

I love to see any existing setups or guides/tutorials people have worked on with their setups.
Head over to the journals section and I’m sure you’ll find plenty of inspiration.

I think most folk on here do low tech, low energy systems, so there’s lots of advice and experience. Have a good look around as there’s plenty of threads on almost everything.
Sometimes it’s easier to google search exactly what you’re after and then add UKAPS on the end.
Outside of that, you’ll get an answer to almost anything you ask on her (within reason hahah).

Hi all,
I found my way here after doing lots of research into setting up my first small, simple, no rech, no co2 planted tank with a small livestock amount. What a minefield it is out there with so much conflicting information.
Welcome to UKAPS. Hopefully we can help you sort out the <"coffee from the froth">. Have a look through the <"linked threads"> and the <"linked threads with in them">.

For whatever reason our hobby seems to suffer dis-proportionally from <"Snake oil"> salesman. Traditional apologies to @Miss-Pepper too, because it is a bit of a rant, but I've <"distilled my views"> of what I think is important in <"Bedside Aquarium">.
Head over to the journals section and I’m sure you’ll find plenty of inspiration.
Good start. I'd also really recommend watching the Aquarium Co-Op video on <"Seasoned Tank Time">.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back