• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Announcing the UKAPS Aquascaping Experience 2016

Yep once we have all recovered lol

Are there restrictions/licencing concerns for posting and sharing pictures of the event and aquascapes here and outside of UKAPS?
I could share some of mine for the folks who couldnt make it and to other communities abroad, would it be ok?

Are there restrictions/licencing concerns for posting and sharing pictures of the event and aquascapes here and outside of UKAPS?
I could share some of mine for the folks who couldnt make it and to other communities abroad, would it be ok?
Anyone know the answer to this?

Please share away if they are your own photos not an issue, if you share any official photos when made available please just state the name of the photographer and UKAPS Aquascaping Experience on your posts.

Please share away if they are your own photos not an issue, if you share any official photos when made available please just state the name of the photographer and UKAPS Aquascaping Experience on your posts.

Hi I meant was there any videos taken of any of the seminars that will be available to watch for people who weren't able to make it down

Hi I meant was there any videos taken of any of the seminars that will be available to watch for people who weren't able to make it down
There was some video taken during the event, we will need to check what was captured and see what can be done with it, this might take sometime to sort out as it will need to be edited and for it to make sense would have to be embedded with the slides from the presentations. So we will see what can be done :)

Very creative 1st and 2nd place, well done. Not sure though why judges would accept plagiarism and by doing so eliminating some of the great works placed on the lower positions.
17B8AA49-ADC4-4841-B1F8-F79196A9C423_zpshermhinn.jpg
0DA09385-EC6E-4C63-8F05-6361CA8BAD0F_zpsus8uytsa.jpg

Very creative 1st and 2nd place, well done. Not sure though why judges would accept plagiarism and by doing so eliminating some of the great works placed on the lower positions.
17B8AA49-ADC4-4841-B1F8-F79196A9C423_zpshermhinn.jpg
0DA09385-EC6E-4C63-8F05-6361CA8BAD0F_zpsus8uytsa.jpg
That's a bit harsh.
There's tons of scapes like this around all unique in their own way.
It's a similar style but to me that's all.

There's tons of scapes like this around all unique in their own way.
It's a similar style but to me that's all.
Well, I'm not trying to be harsh and I'm not saying it's identical because it's ain't possible to find 100% the same looking roots and rocks but what I said is my personal opinion.

Is the linked photo your own tank then?

(I looked for copyright information etc but the link just leads to what appears to be your photobucket account)

I think that before using the term "plagiarism" there needs to be clear & defined evidences ... do you know of such in this instance?

Well, I'm not trying to be harsh and I'm not saying it's identical because it's ain't possible to find 100% the same looking roots and rocks but what I said is my personal opinion.
To copy a scape like that with all its details the guy would have had to be looking at the photo of it during the entire assembly and still it would not come out the same.
Having been at the event and seen this scape being built live i can garantee that it did not happen.
Actually this scape like all the others took many twists and turns before the final result.

(I looked for copyright information etc but the link just leads to what appears to be your photobucket account)

I think that before using the term "plagiarism" there needs to be clear & defined evidences ... do you know of such in this instance?
It is not his tank.
It is the winner of last years IAPLC.

No, as you know neither of those ain't my tank. It's IAPLC 2015 winner published all over the world now. I'm not going to keep it on my photobucket, just tried to show what I mean and certainly I'm not trying to be nasty to anyone. Some people know where I'm coming from some not.

No, as you know neither of those ain't my tank. It's IAPLC 2015 winner published all over the world now. I'm not going to keep it on my photobucket, just tried to show what I mean and certainly I'm not trying to be nasty to anyone. Some people know where I'm coming from some not.
I sure don't know where you're coming from.
A quick search for past iaplc scapes gives quite of few older scapes very similar to fukada's own scape.
Should we acuse him of copying these older works?

Actually I don't "know" :) pseudonyms & online names are common on forums so I've no idea if you have any personal connections to the tank ...
I provide outside links all the time, but try to include copyright information/source details

I'm in no way trying to be rude but it is my opinion that accusations of plagiarism should not be made lightly
- I can also well imagine how I would feel upon reading this sort of indictment (if I were Piotr Kwiatkowski)
Not sure though why judges would accept plagiarism and by doing so eliminating <snip>

Some people know where I'm coming from some not.
I think I must be in the latter category :)

I'm in no way trying to be rude but it is my opinion that accusations of plagiarism should not be made lightly
- I can also well imagine how I would feel upon reading this sort of indictment (if I were Piotr Kwiatkowski)
Whether Piotr was influenced by mentioned above work or not only he knows. Even if he tried to base his work on that he did a great job. I only mentioned that as for me it is about 80% (if not more) similarity in both works. If I noticed that judges surely would too but if they thought differently I only could apologise but wouldn't mind to hear their opinion.

Whether Piotr was influenced by mentioned above work or not only he knows. Even if he tried to base his work on that he did a great job. I only mentioned that as for me it is about 80% (if not more) similarity in both works. If I noticed that judges surely would too but if they thought differently I only could apologise but wouldn't mind to hear their opinion.
They probably didn't.
Most of the top entries on IAPLC are on that same style.
Its a very complex style and the asian aquascapers excel at it.
That's why i said fukada would also be copying.
If you have a look at entries years and years back you'll see many similar works in amongst the top entries of IAPLC.

They probably didn't.
Most of the top entries on IAPLC are on that same style.
Its a very complex style and the asian aquascapers excel at it.
That's why i said fukada would also be copying.
If you have a look at entries years and years back you'll see many similar works in amongst the top entries of IAPLC.
If that's what I would here from the judges as an explenation my apologies to Piotr Kwiatkowski - either way great work (especially in only 4 hours). But like I said - huge similarity of both works made me think that way.
I admit plagiarism was a bit inappropriate word to use - me wrong.

Back