• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amazon Sword Flowering

IMG_8013.jpeg

IMG_8014.jpeg

IMG_8019.jpeg

IMG_8020.jpeg

I can’t tell you what variety that plant is unfortunately. It was just one of the first plants I bought when I started out last autumn. It took off when it broke the surface a couple of months ago and now I have this arch of flowers. ❤️

What’s really cool about this aquatic plant business is I now have something fairly unique growing in my house and a flower that is rarely seen in this country.

Thanks everyone who’s given advice on here. I’ve pretty much learned everything from here which is a great recommendation I think.

I’ve put a lot of effort into this small tank and really enjoyed it. I have an issue with algae but I’m learning to just embrace it.
Don't talk to me about Algea. Man against microbe at the moment! :D

It should produce roots by itself, just wait until you have three or four decent looking little plants and then snip them off the stalk (or whatever it's called) and plant, well that's all I used to do when I was an Amazon fanatic, there was no special process.

Hi all,
It should produce roots by itself, just wait until you have three or four decent looking little plants and then snip them off
That one.
then snip them off the stalk (or whatever it's called)
Stalk will do, technically it is <"a scape">.
...... In botany, a scape is a peduncle arising from a subterranean or very compressed stem, with the lower internodes very long and hence few or no bracts except the part near the rachis or receptacle. Typically it takes the form of a long, leafless flowering stem rising directly from a bulb, rhizome, or similar subterranean or underwater structure...

cheers Darrel

The plant looks like Ozelot!

Back