• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amazon frogbit flowering

Danlacey1988

Now I've never had this happen or seen it

I have heard before they flower but until now I've not had It happen see attached photo

Attachments

• 20221128_191111.jpg
    20221128_191111.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 184
Awesome! I had a related question about this as well the other day; this one is Hydrocharis not Amazon Frogbit (Limnobium Laevigatum) ...

Darrel/ @dw1305, can you you confirm this one?

Anyway, @Danlacey1988 nice job! I want to get mine to flower as well, but since its Limnobium Laevigatum its going to be a more spidery offering... as Darrel so poetically put it :)

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Hi all, n
I'm not entirely sure what it is. @Danlacey1988 did the Frogbit come from me? If it did it is definitely L. laevigatum, but that flower look more like it might belong to an Echinodorus or Baldellia? If that is possible?
Picture above is female flower (or male) Limnobium Laevigatum has two flowers.
<"It does">, the very spidery offering is the female flower (the spidery bits are "styles"), the one that looks a bit more like a flower (it has petals) is the male flower, you can see the stamens. <"Flowering frogbit">.

This is the male flower, there is an (out of focus) female flower below it.

frogbitmale-jpg.40558

cheers Darrel

Back