• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amano and RCS

Westyggx

Hi,

Just wanted to know If Amano shrimp mix well with RCS? Would they eat my RCS eggs and babys?

Cheers

Maybe I was unlucky - but I recently witnessed my Amano shrimp attack and kill one of my berried CRS. Never seen it happen before, but he won't be doing it again either! Expensive snack!

I've not witnessed predation with Amanos although I suspect it goes on, but IME Amanos will always bully smaller shrimps (and fish if it can) for food. So if planning a tank I would not put them together.

It was a very deliberate attack to get the eggs. The Amano was turning the female crs over [still alive and well at this point] and looked to me as though it was trying to feed off the eggs she was carrying. I tried to seperate, but the Amano was hell bent on getting what it wanted and kept attacking the same shrimp. Eventually the crs died of shock i would imagine. Bad ass Amano has now been re-homed!

I've seen mine eat snails too...at least it looked like it was, they'd pick a snail up by the shell and so far as I could tell were trying to pull it out.

yep - shoot to kill boys.......Amano's are bad news. Also had issues with Bad Ass Assin snails eatin my shrimp, but don't get me started on that!

Back