• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algae bloom in fishless cycling tank

ask a farmer and get the answer "More light"

Terrestrial farming ? If it is that makes sense for the farmers as diffusion in air is 1000 times faster than water. Think the constant battle we have in our planted High tech tanks is adequate flow in all areas. Give them the CO2 supply they need for amount of photons being aimed at them then they can use the photons and one less photon for the aglea to use, complex carbs output increases and growth takes place assuming not nutrient deficient OFC. Well thats my present take on it.

We humans even can get a sun tan in the shade..

Living proof is me and wife, she sits in she roasting like a pig on a stick, I sit in shade, I get better tan, little more complex than that OFC

Good to see you posting again :thumbup:, We thought the Matrix had you for a while :nailbiting:

Terrestrial farming ?

Yes and sorry for the confusement, i was asking regarding a statement Ceg made in the reply in an other topic he linked to about leggy growth.
Terrestrial plants that elongate in deep shade is a completely different set of conditions, and the elongation does occur based on the higher proportion of Far Red wavelength (near 700 nm) that are prevalent in shade.
This is a completely different set of environmental conditions and has nothing to do with flooded plants. So in that article the author talks about how an aquatic Rumex species responds according to the gases that are supplied whereas the non-aquatic Rumex species does not respond in the same way. The response of the aquatic Rumex to these conditions is how most all the aquatic plants behave under similar conditions. When your aquatic plants elongate therefore, it means that you should conclude that CO2 and flow is poor and the plant is responding to poor gas exchange. The Matrix does not teach you about this. It tells you to add more light but that is just another illusion.

Also found that word back i was looking for, its Etiolation.. :) which can also be experienced with to little (also artificial ) light without having any shade. Asking a farmer, pointed to that process, with the answer give your plant more light, a stronger bulb or move it closer. I can understand the shade part.. But when it occurs under artificial grow lights it brings up ??? Because it looks like simmular results but oppisite conditions, because i don't think the spectrum changes with a less stronger bulb providing the same color.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiolation

No idea what i'm mixing or missing here at the moment.. :)

Just read the thread 'ceg' linked. Great post , what I like about 'ceg' posts is they explain what's happening so you can understand which either confirms your present knowledge or destroys the theroy you was following.

'ceg' - 'your empty'

Sent from Mountolympus via neural interface

'ceg' - 'your empty'
emoji6.png
So are you! :rage:

No idea what i'm mixing or missing here at the moment.. :)
What I meant by this statement is that "far red" wavelengths are used by special receptors to measure the degree to which the leaf is in shade. I shade, the proportion of these wavelengths compared to, say, the amount of blue is higher. The deeper the shade, the less blue and therefore the ratio of red to blue increases. So the plant uses these calculation to determine degree of shade. Of course this is under typical natural conditions.

If you are growing plants in a terrarium under artificial lights the plants will calibrate their sensors to the the existing spectrum so the calculation will be different depending on which sensors are produced based on the available colors.

Again, this has little relevance to an aquatic experience of elongation due to gas concentration.

Not sure if I clarified your question.

Cheers,

Not sure if I clarified your question.

Partially :) and thank you, still very happy.. Partially, because my current understanding is pure basics from a hobbyist perspective. I can understand that a submersed bog plant lives in a completely different or alien invironment. Not only atmospheric but also regarding light spectrum it has to deal with complete different influences. Obviously misconceptions in thinking it follows the same rules in both invironments is at hand... But..

Happy, because i got somthing to boggle about again.

Back