• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Air pockets in sand

EA James

Hi all,
In the last couple of days these little holes have appeared in the sand, any ideas what they are?
I know you can get a build up of some sort of gas in sand so is this going to cause issues? I clean that section of glass with a credit card on WC day so it’s only developed in the last 6 days
Cheers
60284F60-7B0D-4BBE-8371-B4A3E63CEC17.jpeg

The sand doesn't look coarse enough or more importantly deep enough for it to be anything sinister. There is a good thread that's been looking at sand depth which I can't find but most of the info can be found here from post 17 onwards.

The sand doesn't look coarse enough or more importantly deep enough for it to be anything sinister. There is a good thread that's been looking at sand depth which I can't find but most of the info can be found here from post 17 onwards.

Cheers mort, that's cleared it up for me. Didn't think it would be anything to worry about but always better to check eh?! Thanks

I use to get it with AS
Whats AS?

Cheers

I used first time ever for a 30 cm and was really worried I might get anaerobic areas. Using plants with large rooting systems like a red tiger lotus and various crypts , along with a handful of malaysian trumpet snails has taken care of that.

I used first time ever for a 30 cm and was really worried I might get anaerobic areas. Using plants with large rooting systems like a red tiger lotus and various crypts , along with a handful of malaysian trumpet snails has taken care of that.
Thanks Sarpijk, do the trumpet snails breed like mad or lay tons of eggs?

The population is regulated through feeding. If you overfeed you will see more snails. Good thing compared to ramshorns is they normally stay burried.

Back