• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AGA 2011 3rd Place 60-120L!! 60cm iwagumi scape

60cm iwagumi scape

Can you update the link, it doesn't seem to be working on the computer.

Cheers,
Neil

Re: 60cm iwagumi scape

rocks are algaed now, mostly GDA. i'll go at it with a toothbrush when i can be bothered. everything is growing nicely though. i think in about 2 weeks the HC will be fully carpeted.

DSCN2791.jpg

DSCN2784.jpg

one of my ember tetras is sick, its always gasping for air at and is almost always at the surface. it's gills and mouth look weird, it kinda looks like hes missing the his top jaw. he's the only one..... any advice?

DSCN2789.jpg

DSCN2788.jpg

DSCN2787.jpg

a shot with the shrimp tank

DSCN2793.jpg

That's looking very nice. I tried once to use smaller rocks to create a mountainscape but failed, so I'm real happy that you managed to do it. The scape is looking really close to the initial drawing, which is the closest match I've ever seen so far.

I studied in Melbourne for 3 years, can't say I don't miss the place!

i was getting lots of surface scum so i upgraded from an eheim 2213 to a 2217 so that the lily pipe will make a bigger vortex. its working well and i should have gone 2217 from the start.
more pics:

DSCN2837.jpg

here you can see the background mark evans style
DSCN2835.jpg

DSCN2834.jpg

DSCN2832.jpg

:thumbup: One of my favourite scapes at the moment, dude! :clap:

Quality scape mate.

Now tell me, are you a bassist or a guitarist....You cant be both you know! :lol:

A les paul and a strat eh? :D i've always regreted my les paul custom (black/gold hardware)

I come from a 6 string background (not the bass variety)

thanks mark, i'm a guitarist i'm just borrowing the bass from a mate for a little fun. its not a les paul its an SG with p-90 pickups and shes definitely my favorite guitar!

i trimmed the HC yesterday for a new iwagumi that i'm setting up at a LFS and because i don't like it growing right up to the glass

DSCN2893.jpg

DSCN2896.jpg

How have you done this with just sand as your substrate no nutrients!? Show's what can be done....

Looking nice and lush these mate, i just planted individual planetlets of HC in my cube last night i hope i can get it to grow like yours.

yeah just sand grain size is about 2mm, no root tabs or anything. plant substrate was too expensive for me and i already had this stuff. i think plant substrates just give you more room for error if you forget to dose or something like that, its not really essential and i've never used the stuff (broke student).

thanks! actually this tank just got me a job at my favorite LFS here in melbourne. i'm going to be setting up all the new planted display tanks. high and low tech, iwagumi, driftwood scapes, jungle scapes and possibly doing a rescape on a 10x4x4ft monster! my dream job and it pays well too!!

Back