• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice on this hardscape please.

dear Zanguli
Yes I want to come back!
Had been on my trips to Kinganga ( lower Congo) Bandundu and Mbandaka
Esp.Mbandaka and the rainforest there is so nice,and os many extrem nice fishes there!
The place you found the hairgrass is near Inkisi River right? There i want also to go,so many new fishspecies in that river!
Roland

dear Zanguli
Yes I want to come back!
Had been on my trips to Kinganga ( lower Congo) Bandundu and Mbandaka
Esp.Mbandaka and the rainforest there is so nice,and os many extrem nice fishes there!
The place you found the hairgrass is near Inkisi River right? There i want also to go,so many new fishspecies in that river!
Roland

Roland,
hooo that's nice that you have been in different "town" in Congo. yes Mbandaka is a nice place at the cross of the Oubangui river and Congo river.
The hair grass is not in the Inkisi river, I have take this near the Nsele River (between kinshasa and the bandundu region).
I know well one part of the Inkisi river (Inkisi water falls or Zongo falls) didn't knew that this river have unknown species.
Inkisi river is not very far from kinshasa (120 km from town good road).

Are you a scientist, that you came in Congo to see new fishspecies ?
Next time if you come let me know we could have a drink, and maybe why not going in trip together !!

best regards

dear Zangui
I was in Congo 2 x times to look for new fishes for the ornamental fish trade
Roland

If you have an other opportunity to come to congo I will be very happy to meet you and your team.
It would be great to meet someone who do the job I wanted to do when I was 17 th !!
there is a group a scientist that go often to the Lomami river and it's area, it's great river that we don't know much on it.
My mother also have a scientist base at Basankusu between Lopori river and Maringa rivers (in middle of the rain forest a place se rounded by a lot of small rivers, there is student from harvard ducks andrew university who go there, to study Bonobos.
This is a great place for oramental fish.

So if you come again to Congo contact me please.

best regards

Yes I will put Congolese fish !!
But I don't know which one yet, I am sure that you could help me with this haha :D

I was thinking a school of Barbus hulstaerti (butterfly Barb) or a group of Phenacogrammus interuptus. But I am not sure.
Do you have a nice schooling fish to advice me ?

for myself,I would choose yellow Congos (Ph.caudalis) and B.hulstaerti and some nice Epiplatys for the surface.
Maybe some small Chiloglanis,if they are availabel in Kin for the rocks.
I like the yellow Congos more than the blue ones,a more gentle and elegant fish.
Or if you can get a large School of Congopanchax myersi or brichardi and the B.hulstaerti plus 1 pair of Congochromis dimidiatus or spec."Bloody Mary) .
To which exporters in KIn you have acess?Some should have the Congochromis from time to time instock.
Try aquafaune or maybe Aime Kamanda

Roland

I have google it and I knew the yellow Congo, it's a nice one you are right.
One in particular is very interesting, the small chiloglanis that swim up side down. I used to have it all my tanks ! I had totally forgot about that fish.
By what I have read this could be a good cleaning fish, to eat algae etc ? They even eat diatom ?? They will not eat the small plants like HC or staurogyne ?
Would they do the same job than the otocinclus ?
They are very easy to find for me.
Thanks for you input !!!

Regards

The upside down fish is Synodontis nigriventris, they don´t eat algae! I also think the real Chilos eat algas,but there is a perfect algae eater in Kinsuka: Garra congoensis.I had them ,the clean very well!

Is it this one ?
uhe7u3a5.jpg

Do they stay small like that ?
This would be so perfect, really appreciate your help on this mate.

Cheers

Back