• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA aqua soil Amazonian turned to dust???

I've contacted ADA in the past with questions regarding some of their products and they've always responded politely and fast.

Great customer service in my experience, even though they don't deal directly with the consumer

Your LFS is definitely trying to serving you a dollop of BS. Hope you get a more helpful response from ADA. Let us know how it turns out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your LFS is definitely trying to serving you a dollop of BS. Hope you get a more helpful response from ADA. Let us know how it turns out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad it's not my local tbh lol I was told it's not Amazonia more like Malaya amongst other things.....

It is 100% Amazonia.

Had to have it out the tank I just couldn't stand it anymore.
20180106_132041.jpg
20180106_134620.jpg

Mud.....mad :mad:
I used two 9L bags in the tank, from what I managed to save by rinsing and sivving I would say it was a complete bag that turned to mud so seems highly likely that one of the two bags was dodgy.

This is what I saved.
20180106_201129.jpg

Figures...

I called up to order two tanks, something along the lines of "hey I'd like to order two ada 60-Ps with mats" and the guy on the phone corrected me on how to pronounce ada. "It's A... D... A... not adarghhhh" I just sighed, didn't make the order. Premium product, I expect a certain level of professionalism not pedantry.

Sucks as I want those two tanks. Fingers crossed A...D...A give another retailer a chance.

That does suck, big style...but from experience when retailers start behaving like that it's usually a sign they're in trouble.
As for A... D... A... giving another retailer a chance, it's unlikely. From what I can gather TGM has the market sown up; I think it's the sole UK distributor, as well as a retailer...

Yep same here
A single rep/distributor (occasional direct seller) who's lost interest, so ADA has pretty much disappeared from local shops (who found the erratic distribution frustrating & not much good for staying in the monthly black)
Note local ADA response to issues such as the failed soil is consistent with what the OP is experiencing
example: ADA tank is warrantied against leaks only IF on an approved ADA stand - never mind that these were never locally available :rolleyes: (order accepted but still waiting a year on o_O .... I decided not to buy that ADA 90 to replace my old (slightly) scratched but extremely well built Oceanic) AND this bit of warranty information was supplied only after the tank failed :thumbdown:

Fortunately Tropica has stepped up with Aquatic soil, wood, stone - if only they'd get serious about tanks ;)

Last edited:
+1 for tropica substrate, I use the Tropica soil powder, and I think it's excellent.

As for future tanks, it's only £20 more to order the two 60-Ps from Aquasabi, with mats to be delivered to me. And yes, it is misleading but
Aqua Scape Art Ltd (UK ADA distributor) is The Green Machine or at least part of the same company/family. + The pricing of the tanks has shot up over the last year too, but I think that is from the fall in £, well not entirely.

I think it's just the way "Ei Di Ei" soils are.

My previous scape consisted totally of Aquasoil Malaya, I'd say 10% of it turned to dust in the fist year, the remaining 90% in the subsequent 2 years.

Rescaped with JBL proscape and couldn't be happier.

+1 for tropica substrate, I use the Tropica soil powder, and I think it's excellent.

As for future tanks, it's only £20 more to order the two 60-Ps from Aquasabi, with mats to be delivered to me. And yes, it is misleading but
Aqua Scape Art Ltd (UK ADA distributor) is The Green Machine or at least part of the same company/family. + The pricing of the tanks has shot up over the last year too, but I think that is from the fall in £, well not entirely.

I would definitely pay £20 extra to not deal with insufferable pedantry.

Back